Home made squares
Here are a couple of tiny squares I made a while back. It seemed that just about any square one could buy was a bit large for small inside building corners, so I elected to make a few of my own. I bought a 1 foot length of .032 feeler guage stock and some 3/8 inch X 1/2 Inch keystock. A bit of work with a dremel and a 1/32 cutoff disk and a dab of solder with the parts clamped to a larger square was all it took. Somewhere I have one even smaller just for the hell of it.!    

Instant glue ? ---- SOLDER ---- NOW THATS INSTANT!
I am curious -- did anyone copy my cheap- n-ez square building tip? Popcornbeer I built about 5 or 6 of them for under 2 dollars! Gave most of them away .
Now that's downright cool. I missed this when you first posted it. I'll keep it in mind, you know that I like tools, any tools regardless of size and I never thought of making mini-squares. Thanks for the idea.. Thumbsup Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
These are great! There are so many instances recently that I have needed a "little square". This coal pier i'm working on the last few weeks being one of them.

Dave
-Dave
                Ahhhh! 2285_ Now I feel much better, thought for a while there no one liked the idea. Nope
Here is another twist on the theme. I know everybody has seen these gadgets in the hardware store , come in many sizes and are CHEAP! They are also pretty precisely stamped at 90 degrees . If you are a bit shy about being seen using something so primitive , dress it up a bit like I did.
2285_ 2285_ 2285_
I've been using the "corner braces" as miniature squares for a long time ! 8-)
They fit in my model builder's tool box, far more easily than almost ( I do have a couple of Union Tool Co. 2.5" X 4" ) any commercial square.
There are places on some of my ship models where even smaller squares could be very useful. I had to have seen your squares before, but memory, it seems, is now in short supply - - - it used to be terabytes, "now it just bites" Wink Smile
I'm thinking 1/4" square brass, and 0.032" X 0.25" brass strip, mill .032" deep X 0.25" across the square stock, and solder the blade. Maybe even .125" Square, and .125" X .020" strip.
It would be a bit more "permanent" than 0.040" styrene sheet triangles ! Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter250 Wrote:2285_ 2285_ 2285_
I've been using the "corner braces" as miniature squares for a long time ! 8-)
They fit in my model builder's tool box, far more easily than almost ( I do have a couple of Union Tool Co. 2.5" X 4" ) any commercial square.
There are places on some of my ship models where even smaller squares could be very useful. I had to have seen your squares before, but memory, it seems, is now in short supply - - - it used to be terabytes, "now it just bites" Wink Smile
I'm thinking 1/4" square brass, and 0.032" X 0.25" brass strip, mill .032" deep X 0.25" across the square stock, and solder the blade. Maybe even .125" Square, and .125" X .020" strip.
It would be a bit more "permanent" than 0.040" styrene sheet triangles ! Big Grin

I made one with 3/16 square keystock and 1/32 x .125 brass that was 1 inch by 1 1/4 inch , first guy that saw it grabbed it and made a key chain ornament out of it. Shoot
Dave Harris sctchbld Wrote:I made one with 3/16 square keystock and 1/32 x .125 brass that was 1 inch by 1 1/4 inch , first guy that saw it grabbed it and made a key chain ornament out of it. Shoot

"made a key chain ornament out of it" Eek Eek

Maybe - - - somewhere back in the "Evolutionary Chain", some part of his DNA, was discarded as an Ornament !! Icon_twisted
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
If you clean off the rust and apply Gun Bluing it'll repel the oxidation well

I use spare parts from jobs I use work at, still think about buying an 81pc Block Set
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.