My Hometown
Hello Everyone---here's a few shots from my hometown---Hamilton Ontario

[Image: img870.jpg]

[Image: img839.jpg]

[Image: img981.jpg]

[Image: Latestfoe-toesfromMisterNutbar072.jpg]

[Image: img937.jpg]

[Image: img026.jpg]

Thanks again to Doctor Wayne for the time and effort to produce this disc for me
Very nice!!! That 4th one looks like it could be near Bayview Junction.

cheers
Val
My first comment was, "Wow, a lot of green." Then I got to the last picture and realized they were all Photoshopped as somebody put way too much Woodland Scenics grass and turf on the tracks. The smoke is very convincing though. 357 Thumbsup
Looks like someplace I'd like to visit... or move to.
Hi Val and Trainnut---thanks for responding---a lot of pictures were taken at Bayview,a great place to watch trains---here's a few more shots

[Image: img819.jpg]

[Image: img941.jpg]

[Image: img975.jpg]
Really like the first shot with 2 slug sets. Can I add one of my best shots from Hamilton:

Attached Files Image(s)

David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Nice pictures guys! Thanks for sharing them. Cheers
CN Nutbar, I'm a little late here but thanks for posting the great photos. When were these taken? I wish I had known about that location the last two times I was in your wonderful country, now I have 4 good excuses to come back.
Charlie
Hello Everyone---David,thanks for adding your beautiful picture,please send some more---Charlie,I'm not exactly sure when these pictures were taken,but I do know it was in the early 90's.The following picture may provide a clue if you can identify the make and model of the trucks on the auto -carrier.Sorry for the dark picture as this shot was taken in the late afternoon.

[Image: img997.jpg]

Here's a few more shots---hope you enjoy

[Image: img836.jpg]

[Image: img931.jpg]

[Image: img866-1.jpg]

[Image: Latestfoe-toesfromMisterNutbar068.jpg]
Nice pictures cn nutbar. Thanks for posting them.
It looks like Hamilton is a great place for railfanning.

CN 7100 has a very unusual look ( at least to me )

Jacques
Jacques, the 7100 is a "Sweep", a combination of an SW1200RS and a Geep. In this picture, the 1364 is an un-modified SW1200RS, while the 7104 is another "Sweep". CN called the 1700s SW1200RMs, while "Sweep" is a railfan designation.
[Image: CN7104and1364.jpg]

Here's another sister, the 1706, showing the cab end. Both pictures were taken by Mister Nutbar, by the way.
[Image: CN7106.jpg]

Wayne
Nice pics.
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada
Look at all that Canadian content. I like it. Smile
Here's even more "Canadian content", and it's also connected to Hamilton, Ontario.

These stone support piers, at Twenty Mile Creek, near Jordan Station, once carried the tracks of the Great Western over the valley. The Great Western was a Hamilton-based line which once had over 800 miles of track, connecting Hamilton with Toronto, Niagara Falls, Windsor, and the Bruce Peninsula. Built in 1853, it was absorbed by the Grand Trunk in 1882 and later became part of the CNR.
[Image: CNRbridgeat20MileCreek2.jpg]

This former Great Western station, in Grimsby, Ont. is now use as a pottery and antiques shop. It was moved back from the tracks when a newer station was built, and has seen several uses over the years.
[Image: GreatWesternstationGrimsby028.jpg]

Hamilton's other "own" railway was the Toronto Hamilton & Buffalo. Based in Hamilton, the TH&B reached Toronto via trackage rights on the CNR, and made it to Buffalo over NYC lines. Controlled by the CPR and NYC, then by only the CPR after the creation of Conrail, it was later absorbed completely by Canadian Pacific. Still surviving is the art deco-style Hamilton station, now in use by GO Transit commuter trains.
[Image: THBstationetc021.jpg]

Wayne
Hello Everyone---thanks for all your feedback,and a special thanks to Doctor Wayne for highlighting some of Hamilton's other railroad treasures---it seems most of my photograghs were focused on the trains themselves---hope you don't mind if I add a few more shots

the first shot is for Doctor Wayne.one of those "going away shots"

[Image: img932.jpg]

[Image: img875.jpg]

[Image: img841.jpg]

[Image: img030.jpg]

[Image: img036.jpg]

[Image: img867.jpg]
What the heck?
SW cabs on GP frames?

Hmmmm......Kitbash!
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.