Sad news about Stein (steinjr)
I echo the others here. It is always sad when we hear of a fellow modeler's passing, especially when you don't expect it. We've lost more than a few friends here, and we miss them all. It is never easy. We extend our sympathy and condolences to his wife Lora and his family.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I was absolutely shocked to read this thread last night. Though I've never met Stein personally, I did exchange a few posts about his visits to Minnesota. I've always enjoyed his incite into the nuts and bolts of designing a layout. I honestly couldn't post anything until this morning, I felt a real sense of shock when I read this disturbing news. My condolences go out to his family.
Corey
My sympathies to his family. I always enjoyed his posts.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
I am absolutely stunned by this news. He is an awesome guy who is easy to make friends with. My deepest condolences to him and his family. It's truly a sad loss.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Such horrible news... Condolences to his family...

If his profile is accurate, he was only 47, way way too young!!!

I agree with ezdays, it's never easy. Every time someone leaves us, it's like a part of ourselves leaving too...
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
As a fellow layout designer I am, to say the least, shocked. My sincere condolences to his wife and family. We hadn't met - but had exchanged emails ond forum comments on many occasions. RIP, mate.
I can only echo the comments of others, he had posted some plans for me when I was trying to decide on track plan and his advise was always helpful and friendly.

I had always thought of him as great person to know and it seems from the comments of those that did meet him that was very much the case.

My thoughts are with his family and friends.

James
I am sorry to hear that another forum member has passed on. I did not know Stein Jr well but have seen his posts quite often enough to recognize the name. I know the shock of a premature passing as I my older brother passed away this January at 55. My condolences to the family of Stein Jr.
This is one of those posts that makes you sit back and say "WHAT???". 47 is much too young and my heart goes out to Stein's family. Will miss his input about various track plans and his often great track plan designs. This is a huge lose for all of us! Rest in Peace Stein.
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"
Stunned....Like all of you who have commented before me...He was a wonderful trackplanner....enthusiastic, yet humble, insightful, yet not over bearing....inspirational...Always hitting the mark....Ever since I saw his first trackplans, I have been collecting them and recommending them....They way he would draft plans on the whim...what passion he seemed to have...

My best wishes for his family....

David Keith
Stunned, absolutely stunned. Forty seven is way too young especially with young children. This also hits home hard as I am 47 with a young boy who is nearly eight.

My Condolences to his family and friends.

Sorry I am a bit lost for words at the moment.

Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More
Such terrible news.
A friend is no longer with us.
Something as sad as this and so far out of left field, (as a lot of life is) certainly brings home the fact of never taking anything for granted, and everyday to cherish what we have.
All of our troubles, that we package into what seem huge burdens to us, pale into insignificance against the death of a loved one.
My condolences and heartfelt sympathy go out to his young wife and children and to his extended family, on a life cut too short, they will be In my prayers and thoughts for a time yet.
God bless.

Jack
LIFE....
..... Abandon the search for truth
Look for a good fantasy
I'm lost for words, but will have to say a big THANK YOU STEIN, for the help you provided me in designing my new trackplan for my Freemo Module boards (see thread about modular layout design challenge). I had named one industry in honor of his geographical location (Sorumsand, the industry is called Sorum's sand ), and the modules are named after my father who passed away to cancer in August. (Wolter Springs)

These modules now deserve even more respect and care during their build than I was going to, as now two people I've known in various ways are being remembered through the modeling of these.

Thanks Stein, may you rest in peace, and my sincere condoleances to your family , friends, and everyone here on Big Blue.

Koos
Be sure to visit my model railroad blog at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.namrr.blogspot.com">http://www.namrr.blogspot.com</a><!-- m -->
How could I miss this terrifying news... Confusedhock: Unexpected and unwanted... I'm shocked. I'd like to say more, but everything has been said. I only knew him here, but he was a fine man. I always liked to read his insightful comments.

My sincere condoleances to his wife, sons and family.

May he rest in peace...

Matt
Proudly modelling Quebec Railway Light & Power Company since 1997.

Hedley-Junction Club Layout: http://www.hedley-junction.blogspot.com/

Erie 149th Street Harlem Station http://www.harlem-station.blogspot.com/
Terrible news...so sad. My heart goes out to his wife and children during this difficult time. :cry: