Sad news about Stein (steinjr)
He was a heck of a track planner and a tremendous critical thinker. Condolences to his family.

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR MEMBERS WHO WOULD LIKE TO SEND A CARD TO STEIN'S FAMILY.

My wife saw a notice on Stein's wife's (Lora) Facebook page that suggests she is willing to share her address with people who knew Stein. I won't post it in the public forum but am willing to send it to members by PM. Let me know.

Ralph
Ralph Wrote:CONTACT INFORMATION FOR MEMBERS WHO WOULD LIKE TO SEND A CARD TO STEIN'S FAMILY.

My wife saw a notice on Stein's wife's (Lora) Facebook page that suggests she is willing to share her address with people who knew Stein. I won't post it in the public forum but am willing to send it to members by PM. Let me know.

Ralph
Thanks Ralph, that's very considerate of the family.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Stein's obituary was in the paper today. Reading his name made it so final, up until now I've sort of denied everything, like it was only a really bad dream. The funeral is on thursday 1pm local time, at Sørum Church.

Svein
Is there any chance you could provide a summary-translation of what was in the obit? It would be great to learn a little more about him.
I'm afraid it was not a full obit like you may be used to, those are not very common in Norwegian papers. It was more of a death notice, sorry if I mislead you with the wrong word. Lora had also added these words in English:

Stein, my amazing husband for 15 happy years, the smartest and nicest man I've ever met, and the father of our two wonderful boys, died suddenly in the night

Svein

Edit: Stein's homepage http://home.online.no/~steinjr/ is still active, there is some information there. I'm sorry I can't be of more help, I've only known him for about six years.
RIP Stein

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
Very sad. I will always remember how he signed off his messages with the word "smile". He participated in a number of forums, and I always appreciated the pleasantness and helpful nature of his words. He will be greatly missed by many in the Model Railroad community.
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
nachoman Wrote:Very sad. I will always remember how he signed off his messages with the word "smile". He participated in a number of forums, and I always appreciated the pleasantness and helpful nature of his words. He will be greatly missed by many in the Model Railroad community.
Kevin:

That's a very nice tribute for anyone..... Well Said!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
What? Only Wolfgang and then Steinjr .. Sad

I can not believe I am very sad, because he give me a tip for my yard.

Thank Steinjr. in and make good

My condolences to family
greeting from the blade city Solingen / gruß aus der Klingenstadt Solingen

Harry

Scale Z and N
My condolences to the family of Steinjr.
May he rest in peace.

Lutz