Noob to Big Blue
I'm embarassed to say I never heard of this site until today! I was reading the condolences for our freind Steinjr on the MR site and followed a link that brought me here. RIP Stein. After perousing the site here, I saw that there are some freinds here and some interesting discussions and decided to join.

For those of you who don't know me, (most of you!), I had a former life as tech/sales rep/mgr for JVC, after retirement I started to do custom model work for myself and freinds which grew into a mostly full time occupation starting in 1989. (I still do stuff for freinds!). I've been in the hobby since 1965.

Personally, I model the D&H in HO scale. I still like to superdetail and kitbash diesel locomotives for myself, my most recent model that I have pix of: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://dieseldetailer.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=cent&action=display&thread=6922">http://dieseldetailer.proboards.com/ind ... hread=6922</a><!-- m -->

I like to share my knowledge and learn new stuff from others and I've been doing that on MR and The Diesel Detailer where I'm also an administratorand hope to do the same here.

I have a 12x24 double deck layout next to my 12x18 modelling workshop. I am also a member of our local train club in Glens Falls, NY. We are currently rebuilding from scratch a 15x25' section and bringing it up to today's standards, although we are using code 100 track to keep the costs down, (once painted & weathered most people can't tell the difference). The club uses Digitrax, my home layout is NCE (my preference). One of our members went with Ring Engineering's RailPro http://www.ringengineering.com/index.html and runs on both layouts.

Too much information? Wink

Jay. Cheers
Welcome to Big Blue Modelmaker51. Welcome I've seen you on a couple of other forums I believe.
15 year veteran fire fighter
Collector of Apple //e's

Beatus homo qui invenit sapientiam
Welcome to our little cage in the zoo! Always nice to have another friendly face around here.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Thanks for the welcome, yeah, we have certainly crossed paths Runnin Bear. I had to post before I was done, so you didn't see the whole post. Btw, how do you add the avatar? I must have missed it in the profile section.

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out!
Welcome to Big Blue. I recognize you, perhaps from the Diesel Detailer? This is a great forum, you're gonna like it here.

Dave
-Dave
Let me add my welcome. We're always glad to see new friends, and I'm glad you found some old ones as well. Welcome Welcome
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Welcome Jay, glad you could join us!
Ralph
Welcome Welcome Jay !! Big Grin
Hope you find our little corner of the web, a comfortable place to spend some time, and enjoy this hobby.
Pete
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!