Logging models, do they have to be narrow gauge?
Do they have to be Narrow gauge to post here?

I ask as I have some, and then I don't want to place them, in the wrong forum to be seen!
~John AKA "Yellowstone" OR "EM-1"
There were plenty of standard gauge logging railroads. Some of them lasted into the diesel era. Simpson, Weyerhauser, and Georgia Pacific were three off of the top of my head.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
In East Texas pretty much everything was standard gauge. Originally, there was a bit of narrow gauge activity but most were standardized by the early 1900's. Steam continued to run until the mid-1960's.
Len Turner
Texas South East RR
http://tserr.blogspot.com/
Shinnecock Hills Lumber Company, is a standard gauge operation:

I do not think we need to open a specific place for "Standard Gauge logging and mining". Post some pictures of your logging equipment. Big Grin Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
This fire car at a small lumber operation near Callander, Ontario was standard gauge. The picture was taken in the early '60s, and I believe the mill is no longer there.

[Image: img344.jpg]

Wayne
Oh Man!! Nope I really do not need another project Nope Icon_twisted but that is a neat looking "fire car" Icon_twisted 357

And - - - - I don't have one of those in standard gauge.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Ohhh guys I'm so sorry! Each of you miss-understood what I was asking......

I know that in real life logging railroads were narrow gauge and standard gauge.....I was meaning models... being posted here.....

To post pictures of our models of logging equipment here, do they have to be narrow gauge as the title of this section says?

Or can we post pictures of the standard gauge here too?
I believe that he means is the Narrow Gauge forum exclusively NG..?? Or can any gauge logging RR be posted in that forum.... Wink
Gus (LC&P).
Yes Gus, thats just what I was asking.....As I have standard scale HO logging equipment to post pictures of!
Sumpter250 Wrote:I do not think we need to open a specific place for "Standard Gauge logging and mining". Post some pictures of your logging equipment. Big Grin Big Grin
- - - and yes, this is narrow Gauge, logging and mining.
However, visibility would probably be greater in any one of the other applicable forums. Because this is Narrow Gauge, and Logging, and Mining, it probably wouldn't be viewed except by those interested in those specific topics.
Thanks Pete....Thats what I was looking to read here....

SO, with that I have a few to add!

[Image: YTRDisconnectLogCars000.jpg]

I made these from brass stock I had laying around mounted to trucks I also had lying around the shop, and thought, they would look good as empty disconnect log cars, as i can't justify the cost of a single car from Kadee!

As the fleet grows, they will be pulled by:

[Image: Rivarossi3TruckHeislerOhioMatchCo001000.jpg]

AND

[Image: Spectrum3TruckShay000.jpg]

Yes I snapped a few shots in my shadow box, display case! I think it looks AWESOME! (I do plan to make a similar display case for the Shay and the Heisler so.....