Vigdis' train room
Worship Worship Worship B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L Worship Worship Worship
Kurt
Cheers Worship Worship Worship Thumbsup Cheers
greeting from the blade city Solingen / gruß aus der Klingenstadt Solingen

Harry

Scale Z and N
I am blown away by the size of those LED's, they're so tiny but put out a lot of light! Excellent job, keep the pics coming. I'm sure I can speak for everyone when I say "WE WANT MORE!"
Cheers
Tyler D.
General Manager
[Image: image.php?album_id=238&image_id=4544&display=popup]
Thanks guys! Here's another one, with the first row of hanging lamps installed. Only the first two connected though, and temporary hooked up to a 9V battery for testing. All four lamps in each row will be connected in series, with the wires running on top of the stringers towards the rear wall:

[Image: 3420_w1200.jpg]

Svein
Svein: are those 9V LEDs? I thought LEDs were 1.5V and those dont look big enough for a resistor.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
BR60103 Wrote:Svein: are those 9V LEDs? I thought LEDs were 1.5V and those dont look big enough for a resistor.

David; The yellow-white LEDs we use are 3.3V 20mA (see specs here: http://ngineering.com/micro_yw_led_specs.htm). We also bought a LED tester that clips onto a 9V battery (http://ngineering.com/other_cool_tools.htm, #2 from the top) for testing the LEDs before installing them. When everything is in place, it will be powered by an 18V supply through a distribution board (http://ngineering.com/dist_board_layout.htm).

I'm a total novice when it comes to working with LEDs, but I'm reading and learning as we go 35 357

Svein
All the LEDs for the roundhouse are in place and hooked up, and Vigdis has just started on the interior detailing:

[Image: 3506_w1200.jpg]

[Image: 3507_w1200.jpg]

After the roof is put on, only the machine shop remains, then the building can be placed on the layout.

Svein
That is wonderful ! The atmosphere is to real.
... and you say it is without details... I hold my breath for the details.
Reinhard
Worship Worship Worship
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
I as speechless as Nike. Cheers Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Waveof7 Dancing
Charlie
That's an interesting shot of an engine house interior, someone should build a model of that ! :oops: :oops:

Oh !! Eek Wait a minute !! Eek That IS a model :o Eek 357 357 357 357 357

Beautifully done Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Worship Worship
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
After posting the last pics, we got some comments on a Norwegian forum that the posts were floating in the air above the roundhouse floor. Not by much, but enough to be visible in close-up low angle shots. Both Vigdis and I knew this, but that particular issue was one of the hardest things to get just right (with 25 posts on an uneven floor, each had to be fitted individually), and Vigdis had pretty much settled on the issue and moved on. Anyway, after those comments, she has now spent the last three weeks spackling and sanding the floor, and extended the posts and sanded them down again, to the point that she's pretty fed up with the entire roundhouse by now. Not to mention that the lamps didn't stand up to the handling and was damaged, so she ripped them out and has to do them all over again.

For reference, here's a close-up of the largest gap (back post on center divider wall):

[Image: 3511_cropped.jpg]

To keep the spirit up, she indulged herself and ordered another engine, and today an exiting package arrived Smile :

[Image: 3530_w1200.jpg]

Svein
I am very sorry to read that. I think it is very important to do your layout the way you/she likes it. A comment might lead to some modification or rework but never more than you/she really likes and enjoys. If you/she strive for perfection it must be your definition of perfection!
Good luck and do not take this posting to serious, it is only a posting Wink

ps. I like the 456 medicine 357
Reinhard
Please don't be sorry Reinhard. We both agreed that the comment was perfectly valid, especially when it's concerning something she wasn't satisifed with herself. And raising the bar was her own decision, better to do it now than regret it later Smile
I am sorry to say this, but here is my opinion. The posts may not touch the floor, but someone spent a lot of time to find something to point out as wrong. I had an acquaintance like that once, and he wonders why he isn't welcome anywhere anymore. People like that make my *** tired.
She knew there was something she wasn't happy with, but posted it for others to enjoy. If you want flaws pointed out that's one thing, but to critisize her wonderful work because a few posts didn't touch the floor is asinine

Charlie, who couldn't even walk on the ground Vigdis has trod on. Thumbsup