Freelance 2013
Sorry , I meant the asphalt areas between the rails on the roadway . :oops: ...maybe plaster , wood , cardstock etc ?

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
teejay Wrote:Sorry , I meant the asphalt areas between the rails on the roadway . :oops: ...maybe plaster , wood , cardstock etc ?

T
Ok, that is thin blue foam painted with a mixture of black and white (dark gray) wall paint and weathered with light brown powder that is gently rubbed in with a wet sponge. The gap to the rails at the street running sections is filled with plaster and sanded until it fits.
Reinhard
Did the paint job this morning.
I was afraid the mortal wash would emphasize all the grooves even more but it did hide them in fact (not so well on the photo:-). Horizontal masking of the concrete parts went pretty well but vertical masking on the brick structure ended in a mess. The concrete paint loves to run into the bricks. Sad

[Image: file-5.jpg]

Some time later are the windows added.
[Image: file-10.jpg]
Reinhard
Lookin' great!!It's been awhile since i posted on this forum,been away for awhile,I was pleasantly surprised to see how long you've come along with your layout. Big Grin Really nice detail.
Don Shriner
Some details at the front and side walls added.
[Image: file-11.jpg]
Reinhard
WOW it is always amazing what a few well done details will do for a scene. Thanks for always posting these

ratled
Modleing the Jefferson Branch in HO  on the Southern Pacific
Reinhard, looking very good to me! I'm just wondering how many structures you have laying around, as you seem to almost grow them :-)
They pop up faster than I can think of what to put on a certain spot on my layout or even my module. :-)

Koos
Be sure to visit my model railroad blog at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.namrr.blogspot.com">http://www.namrr.blogspot.com</a><!-- m -->
New road switcher on it's way to deliver first load of machinery and other heavy equipment to the mill under construction.
[Image: file-7.jpg]
Reinhard
Two air-condition with some piping populate the roof and the former Walthers bakery silos have been lined up and connect via pipes and a support structure with the main building.
[Image: file-11.jpg]
[Image: file-10.jpg]

and the truck loading made from Pikestuff and two old German cement silos. Paint will be done tomorrow.
[Image: file-12.jpg]
Reinhard
This just gets better all the time! Love the way this is shaping up. Nice work!
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"
Some more details and paint job at the mill complex. The owner has been identified!!!
[Image: file-17.jpg]

Two building built for Vernon, CA have been toned down to suit the new location better
[Image: file-15.jpg]
[Image: file-14.jpg]
Reinhard
I think I see some KingMill flats I didn't see before. This forum put me onto those.
The mill is in production. Hoppers are switched daily.
[Image: file-20.jpg]
[Image: file-21.jpg]
[Image: file-22.jpg]
[Image: file-23.jpg]
[Image: file-24.jpg]
Reinhard
Really a good looking industrial scene , my favourite . The silos are a nice touch . Thumbsup

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
GREAT looking GERN plant! Thumbsup