Open house, Sun City West, Arizona
Now, I'm not endorsing this nor do I have anything to do with this club, it's just that I found this in the paper today. Their layouts are located in the building next to the old Sundome Theater. I attended one open house a good six years ago and they do have a nice layout with an elevated walkway. Back then, those people running things were more interested in what they were doing than interfacing with visitors, but that all could have changed by now.

Some people here know where that is since the last time I was at the Sondome, TrainNut had his family about three rows behind us. For those that don't, head west on Bell Rd., than north on R. H. Johnston Blvd for about two miles, you can't miss it.

BTW, the theater next to the railroad club seats 7,000 and was built in 1980. It finally closed in 2009 for good and will be raised next year to build a shopping center. We saw two shows while it was reopened for a few years. A pity to lose a venue like this, but time marches on, so back to railroading and open houses...

Quote:The Sun City West Model Railroad Club will have an open house from 5 to 7:30 p.m. Dec. 22 and from 1 to 4 p.m. Dec. 23 in the R.H. Johnson Arts and Craft Center, 19802 R.H. Johnson Blvd.

The open house will feature the Polar Express as well as Thomas & Friends.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD