finally building layout
nachoman Wrote:
Bigsteel Wrote:i did make some progress on the layout,im still waiting on code 70 rail joiners

I use atlas code 80 n-scale joiners for my code 70 rail. They are a little loose, but a slight squeeze with the needlenose pliers solves that. Plus, they are cheaper, and more readily available.

wow...i cant believe i never thought of that! thanks alot! aww man,this will make tracklaying soooo much easier,and ill finally be able to run a train Thumbsup (seeing your thread NM,i guess your glad to run one also Misngth )--josh
Women may not find you handsome,but they'll atleast find you handy--Red Green
C&O ALL THE WAY--[Image: chessie.gif]
thought i would post some pics of the sawmill side of the layout,i ran outta flex track so i have to order some more,but i used the last bit toi finally coonect the 2 sides of the layout.it all runs pretty good Thumbsup so its a start.and since i wont have much else to do ill probably build the fishery that goes on my pier.then the first layers of plaster on this side.not to mention i better paint the backdrop too Wallbang .--josh

the empty spot to the right of the pilings is where the fishery will go. its the crappy cam so pics are kinda fuzzy

[Image: overalllayoutshots011.jpg]

heres a shot of where the sawmill will go witht the newly dug up pond.you can see my log landing and edger in the mill too.

[Image: overalllayoutshots013.jpg]

abd finally a shot of the whole thing:

[Image: overalllayoutshots014.jpg]
Things are really taking shape! I like the pier scene already!! Thumbsup
Ralph
Looking great, Josh! Are you finding those pilings a real pain to cut and install? How are you going about that?

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!
thanks for the compliments guys,galen,i use the my chopper II for the pilings.i cut them in different lengths to make it look somewhat old.i stained them in 3 different solutions to give them a better range of colors and then stained them all the same way with A&II solution to bring it all together.it all works pretty well.--josh
Cuttin' the foam!...I love it!
Josh, it is all looking great!...just keep on rolling Thumbsup
Steve
Josh great looking progress!! Keep up the good work buddy Thumbsup Thumbsup
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
thanks guys,i havent done much to the layout itself latley due to my railroads nickle silver shortage Misngth ,but i've got alot on my workbench that needs finishing.in order i have: 1.)my fisherie made out of card (named after robin,and almost done)
2.)sawmill (needs roof and sawfilers room finished)
3.)sawmill machinery (have edger and loading ramp done),
4.)pier (no dock yet,just pilings)
5.)water tower (no filler neck)
6.)fuel oil tank (needs hose rack)
7.)and finally a few logging cars to put grabs and steps on...phew,got lots to do!--josh
well i have gotten a few things done mainly just getting the sawmill roof finished,the water tower finished the oil tanks hose rack done and the pier and fishery close to completion Confusedhock: Wallbang ...see i havent been slacking off,just working slower than usual Popcornbeer Misngth .--josh
Wow...lots of progress! Looks good...I like the pilings.
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Quote:well i have gotten a few things done mainly just getting the sawmill roof finished,the water tower finished the oil tanks hose rack done and the pier and fishery close to completion ...see i havent been slacking off,just working slower than usual .--josh

Well.........where are the pics young man!!!!! Goldth
Steve
Cheers My thoughts...precisely... Misngth
Gus (LC&P).
ill see if i can get the good cam again today,the one i have just wont do the structures justice.so i probably post some tomorrow Thumbsup --josh
Josh,

You hid this thread!! Everything is looking great! I love the gritty look of logging layouts.

Matt
Don't follow me, I'm lost too.