"Cement" colored paint
That's an good idea too , but in this case I would have to scrape off what I've done and make some more plaster wafers . The ones here were stored in a container for several years ( pack rat mentality of a mrrer Misngth ) . We'll see how my patch work goes and if I'm not satisfied , I'll tear it up for a redo .
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
I make my roads out of plaster of Paris with some craft paint added for color. Right now I'm using Ceramcoat Hippo Gray. I've used other colors in the past and will probably use still other shades of gray in the future. That way all the roads don't look exactly the same color. Here's a road I poured a while before I added the sidewalks. Both the road and the sidewalk are made using the same technique, just different colors added to the plaster of Paris. I decided the sidewalk was too light in color so I used an alcohol/India ink mixture to darken it up. This had the added benefit of bringing out the expansion joints and cracks in the sidewalk.

[Image: IMG_3502.JPG]

tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Looks good , Tom , nice texture to the road and sidewalk . I think I'll try to improve what i have for now , messing with the color ....I'm about 50-50 on whether I like it now . I just might continue working on the whole scene to see if I feel there is improvement . Worse comes to worse I can redo it .

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.