East Terminal & Newburgh
(10-03-2020, 07:04 AM)Tyson Rayles Wrote: Cute kittens! At that age they are great when grilled with a little lemon juice!*   Big Grin   This of course solves the problem of them messing with the modules.

(10-08-2020, 08:42 AM)Schraddel Wrote: ....Caught! Catzilla has taken her toll.

Lutz

Looks like it's time to fire-up the barbecue!   Icon_evil

Wayne
Great progress Lutz. ...and oh my gawd. You guys are hilarious.
Hello,

may be that the menace of fire helps here. Water will not help here:
[Image: dsc01000s8jka.jpg]

[/url][url=https://abload.de/image.php?img=dsc010017yjz0.jpg][Image: dsc010017yjz0.jpg]
Every day she insists to take their morning shower.

Back to module #5:
[Image: dsc012366nkee.jpg]
Here i painted the cracks onto the concrete surface.

[Image: dsc01237x2k1f.jpg]
Even the big bang hole caused by something which has fallen down from the crane.

[Image: dsc012387uk16.jpg]

[Image: dsc01240lkksd.jpg]
Rare angles of view to Anderson Steel Ltd. only possible when module #5 is standing alone.

[Image: dsc01241xekcj.jpg]
Looks like i have to renew the nameplate on the crane.

Lutz
Was the cat a kit or did you scratch build the critter? Big Grin
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Nice work Lutz. ...and your cats are adorable.
Hello,

after the swirl about our cats, here some serious attempts for model-building:

[Image: dsc01287weklv.jpg]
As i self-employee i have admission to the METRO wholesale warehouses. There i found in their assortiment of drinking straws some black coloured variants. Hey i thought, that may give some tubes as load for gons and flatcars.

[Image: dsc01290yikp7.jpg]
First attempts of stacking the tubes loosely into gondolas. But here the rules of the game will be exchangeable loads. It will be some laborious work to remove and to load every single straw. There is a better potentional if this load can be unloaded en bloc.

[Image: dsc015350ckpe.jpg]
So i made a temporary glueing rig. The carloads are now solid blocks and can easily be removed and loaded.

Lutz
More carloads:

[Image: dsc01329xsjpu.jpg]
I was glad, that i did not glue the end walls of these P2K gondolas when i bulit them. So i was able to to turn them down.

[Image: dsc01330ywj8j.jpg]
The reason were extra long loads of pipes. Of course an idler car is needed.

[Image: dsc01331l1j29.jpg]
A second pair of gon and idler.

Lutz
Hello,

one important item is a safe package of the stuff you will take with you to conventions and meetings. The origial packages are excluded in most cases because of their often extraordinay volumes.

[Image: dsc01542ahk4g.jpg]
To enable not so bulky, but still safe package, i purchased several dozen of these cardboard boxes with slip lid. Also 50m of 30cm wide bubble foil. The cardboard boxes were padded with the bubble foil and up to 8 pieces of 40' box cars have space in one cardbox. The carcards for the cars were also put into the box, so no long searches for them are necessary.

[Image: dsc01543x4khj.jpg]
Eight of these cardboard boxes can be placed into a standardisized collapsible 32 Liter box. So up to 64 cars at once in a tight and safe package.

[Image: dsc03995d0jd6.jpg]
Flats itself in transportation mode, the little cabinett and the legs.

[Image: dsc01545u8j8u.jpg]
Has to be squeezed into the car. Further a collapsible hand truck and last, but not least, your own personal survival equipment.

[Image: dsc0154704kpw.jpg]
Not much space left over inside the car. In the foreground behind the front seats are the legs for the modules.
This is Germany here, no country for 5-50-50 cars.

Lutz
Wow, you handle this very well. Great Ideas.
Charlie
That's very impressive packing.
Hello,

have i told to you, that i earned my money during my academic studies as part-time truck driver? No, not one of these 18-wheelers but with a humble 7 1/2 ton truck:
[Image: dsc0289214sd7.jpg]
This was the truck which had built in 1:87 too. The business was railway related, here the LCL was brought to the customers were the rails did not reach.

[Image: dsc02893xfsaz.jpg]
And this was the daily chaos beneath the canvas top. You will learn here as inevitable consequence packing the things in a space saving manner. So in the way i did when packing my humble car for the annual SWD convention at Wolfersweiler 2019.

Back from the convention i thought there was need for an extension of Flats. Especially with the right end there was only a short stub of track after the last switch behind Anderson Steel. Only long enough to take a single loco.
In my attic i found this shelf of 120cm x 20cm seize.

[Image: dsc02400xvym5.jpg]
This older photo shows the lenght i have for disposal. More exact it was a lenght of 123cm still available.

[Image: dsc01760o7kvm.jpg]
So i started to built Flats Extension for home use. The initial planning allotted a #6 switch for a additional stub.

[Image: dsc017610ujpu.jpg]
This was a 100% recycling project. The shelf is a massive sheet of wood of 2cm thickness.
The cork roadbed was glued onto teh surface and roughly shaped.

[Image: dsc01767dpktp.jpg]

[Image: dsc017687wjcd.jpg]
To get the plywood district out of your head, it hampered my thoughts, the shelf was painted with a earth-coulored water based dye.

All went it's own way until i told my plans about Flats Extension to Hardy...

Lutz
Enough of this RR stuff, where's the cats? Big Grin
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Yeah Lutz,

you know we allways look forward and double Mainline getting in focus.
It would not be that I take FLATS in the main, but who knows what happens.

Unfortunally we had no meeting this year, so we hope to next year.
Greetings Hardy
GULF MOBILE & OHIO and FRISCO and also ILLINOIS CENTRAL (Gulf)
I see you too have had a use for the Novelty Iron Works building. A great start for a lot of kitbashed buildings. 

And yes, Where are the cats?  Icon_e_biggrin

Charlie
Uhhmg, uahh ...

[Image: dsc01081wlkfu.jpg]
... wake me up when the rain is over.

Fauchi the tomcat