Atlas switcher , burnt smell
You should be safe with an oil that says "plastic compatible".
When I was young, my best friend lubed his Kitmaster locos with some Mazola from the kitchen. Later on they stopped running (these were 100% plastic) and we found the axles had expanded. Then MR had an article showing plastic parts that had been soaked in oil for a few months. Not a pretty sight.
So plastic compatible for anything used around the trains because it can get splattered on the other bits.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Thanks , guys , ....think I'll just pour the oil in a bowl and dunk the loco in it for a few hours Icon_lol

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
teejay Wrote:Thanks , guys , ....think I'll just pour the oil in a bowl and dunk the loco in it for a few hours Icon_lol

T
Be sure to put it in the dish washer to clean it first. Misngth Nope
Charlie
I just throw mine in the laundry and hang them up afterwards. If you put them in the dryer, they shrink to N Scale.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Don't forget the dryer sheets , so she'll just slide down the track with no static cling . Smells purty, too . Cheers
More good news ...got out my Kato NW2 ......gee that thing runs smooth and quiet , had almost forgotten how good that loco really is . I haven't oiled the other switcher yet .

T