Vestvagoy / A norway harbour at 1/13.7 scale
Franck,
The progress looks good !!!!
Yes, I will be following this closely, because you are modeling "railroad" and "The sea and ships".
"If sailor tales to sailor tunes, Storm and Adventure, Heat and Cold, and all the old romance retold exactly in the ancient way"
- Rbt Louis Stevenson

I don't think there a a lot of us out here, and as much as I am enjoying what I am doing with my modules, I am also enjoying watching your Norway Harbor taking shape. Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

At 1:87 scale, I can get away with a lot of "hinting at detail".
At 1: 13.7 scale, you almost have to model every nut, bolt and washer, not to mention the individual scales on each fish ! Eek
OK, maybe not every "scale", on every fish Icon_twisted 357 357 357 2285_ 2285_ 2285_
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter250 Wrote:Franck,
The progress looks good !!!!
Yes, I will be following this closely, because you are modeling "railroad" and "The sea and ships".
"If sailor tales to sailor tunes, Storm and Adventure, Heat and Cold, and all the old romance retold exactly in the ancient way"
- Rbt Louis Stevenson

I don't think there a a lot of us out here, and as much as I am enjoying what I am doing with my modules, I am also enjoying watching your Norway Harbor taking shape. Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

At 1:87 scale, I can get away with a lot of "hinting at detail".
At 1: 13.7 scale, you almost have to model every nut, bolt and washer, not to mention the individual scales on each fish ! Eek
OK, maybe not every "scale", on every fish Icon_twisted 357 357 357 2285_ 2285_ 2285_

For the fish I have marvelous one mold by an english cratfmen. For the rest, effectvly I have no choice, yesturday I put nail to hold the handle 35 35 The advantage is that the detail are big scale, so it's easier to model it.
I have practically finish the building. The boat is not finished.

[Image: IMG_2145.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2146.jpg]
Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Lookin' pretty Thumbsup Thumbsup good from where I'm sittin' !! Smile Smile
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Looking really good, and a great idea for a small layout! Thumbsup

Slightly off topic, but here's a video showing Lofoten from the cockpit of an F-16 fighter. The video was shot last summer by the Norwegian armed forces, in conjunction with the 40y anniversary of the F-16. Just sit back and enjoy the ride!:http://www.aftenposten.no/webtv/Slik-har...40168.html

Svein
Svein Wrote:Looking really good, and a great idea for a small layout! Thumbsup

Slightly off topic, but here's a video showing Lofoten from the cockpit of an F-16 fighter. The video was shot last summer by the Norwegian armed forces, in conjunction with the 40y anniversary of the F-16. Just sit back and enjoy the ride!:http://www.aftenposten.no/webtv/Slik-har...40168.html

Svein

thank you very much for the link Thumbsup Thumbsup It allows me to have a good idea of the sea.
After a long period of inactivity on the layout, I made some progress on the boat. I need to add few details.

[Image: IMG_2662.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2661.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2664.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2663.jpg]
Aaahhrrrrr, That be a fine vessel you got thar, matie !! Thumbsup Thumbsup
Bit of a small pilot house, but the interior details there are just perfect.
The two tubs-O-fish, looks like the marnin's been a profitable one.
Hopin' no one trips on, them thar boots :o
With a life raft, a Radar antenna, lights, handrails, and radio antennas, the pilot house roof's a bit crowded.... Thumbsup Thumbsup

Waiting to see what other goodies you're going to add. Big Grin Big Grin
The layout progresses a little

[Image: IMG_2673.jpg]
I just finish tree locos for this layout. I work hard during 3 days to paint them and weather them.

The first one is a free lance diema base on a 040 davenport of Bachman. I use few laser cut parts.

[Image: IMG_3549.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3550.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3553.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3555.jpg]

The second one is a free lance loco base on a 040 davenport of Bachman. I use parts of backwood transkit. I'm not very happy with the result but The loco will stay like that.

[Image: IMG_3556.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3557.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3558.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3559.jpg]

The last one is a Gmeinder 18/20 on a davenport chassis. I use marvellous casting parts of Bill Martinsen c/.

[Image: IMG_3560.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3561.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3562.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3563.jpg]
Thumbsup Thumbsup Worship
greeting from the blade city Solingen / gruß aus der Klingenstadt Solingen

Harry

Scale Z and N
I spent a lot of time to finish my boat, I'm not a model boat builder so It's quite boring.

[Image: IMG_3662.jpg]

I just finish a snow plow inspired by a narrow gauge model from Germany

[Image: IMG_3665.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3667.jpg]

I just finish a snow plow connect to a loco inspired by a narrow gauge model in Italy.

[Image: IMG_3668.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3669.jpg]

I add also light to my building.

[Image: IMG_3670.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3672.jpg]

I test also a new kind of snow because I'm fully satisfied by this one.

This week end I wil do an exhibition near Bruxelles with the woolacombe bay.
Hope the exhibition goes well. You've done a lot of really nice work, and should get a lot of praising comments.

"I spent a lot of time to finish my boat, I'm not a model boat builder so It's quite boring. "
For something that was "quite boring" Wink You did an excellent job doing it. Thumbsup Thumbsup Looks mighty darn nice to me ! Thumbsup Big Grin Big Grin Cheers
Sumpter250 Wrote:Hope the exhibition goes well. You've done a lot of really nice work, and should get a lot of praising comments.

"I spent a lot of time to finish my boat, I'm not a model boat builder so It's quite boring. "
For something that was "quite boring" Wink You did an excellent job doing it. Thumbsup Thumbsup Looks mighty darn nice to me ! Thumbsup Big Grin Big Grin Cheers

In fact I prefer to spent time on the design of locos than boats.