2013 auction #2: N scale PBS “Tracks Ahead” gondola---
This is the second auction in the series that we’ve been talking about. It is for a 40’ gondola car as pictured below. It is one of the “Tracks Ahead” series offered by PBS. This car was generously donated by Mike Goad (Tyson Rayles) in anticipation that it will help in the fund raising effort that is need to support Big Blue. This car, we hope, will become treasured and be a show of pride for your membership and support of the Big Blue Train Forums. The winning bidder of this car will receive, along with the car, a certificate of authenticity to document that it came from Big Blue. .

Please note that we are also auctioning off a Big Blue HO scale anniversary car at this time in another thread. Bid on one or both if you like.

Now, let’s get started. We are offering this car to the highest bidder. Here are the bidding rules:
  1. There is no minimum bid and no reserve, the highest bidder at the time the auction closes will get the car.
  2. Please keep you bid raises in increments of at least fifty cents and preferably a dollar or more.
  3. You can bid publicly by posting it in this thread. This thread is for bidding only; any comments or questions should be made in this thread or by PM to either ezdays or ngauger. Non-bid posts will be deleted from this thread.
  4. If you want to enter an anonymous bid (just like the rich and famous do), you can PM either ezdays or ngauger and we will bid on your behalf, (we will post the bid amount, but keep your name confidential, just like at those big auction houses). You may also want to give us the maximum you would want to go and we’ll bid for you by adding one dollar above the last bid, up the maximum that you have set, again, just like Christie’s does for the big boys.
  5. The auction will run for three weeks and will close at noon EST on June 3, at which time we will announce the winner and ship the car to them.
  6. The successful bidder will pay all shipping costs. That cost is estimated to be under $5.00US.
  7. Payment can be by PayPal, check or MO. We will give the winner instructions on how and where to pay.
Good luck to you all.

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
We have an anonymous telephone bidder, probably some big international movie star or sports jock that wants to add to their collection without bringing attention to themselves. We are sworn to secrecy, and so "Anonymous #1's" opening bid is $5.00
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I'll go $6.00
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Anonymous #1 has authorized a bid of $7.50
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
$8.00 Eek
Mike

Um, $9.00 ...I'll use it for my "forced perspective" near the background twin towers with the N scale staircase Goldth

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
Not to push any, but I'm authorized to go to $10 by anonymous #1.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
$10.25 Popcornbeer
Mike

Tyson Rayles Wrote:$10.25 Popcornbeer

You have to go with a minimum bid increase of fifty cents (rule #3). Can you make that $10.50?
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Sorry, $10.50 it is. Thumbsup
Mike

Tyson Rayles Wrote:Sorry, $10.50 it is. Thumbsup

Gotcha!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Interesting!!!
I can bump it to $14.00....
But that's all I can afford! Wink
Carmine A. - CEO, Engineer, and Chief Bottle Washer! Tongue
Pacific Belt Model RR, Created 1975 - in my mind!
pacbelt Wrote:Interesting!!!
I can bump it to $14.00....
But that's all I can afford! Wink

That is a nice bump, thank you kind sir... 2285_
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
We have a winner at $14.00. Thank you for that bid and thank everyone that participated. It's all for a good cause. Thumbsup Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and