Liquid Asphalt Plant
I came across a great article in one of the new MMR magazines featuring a liquid asphalt transfer facility. Lots of visual interest and appeal.
There is a very thorough article in I believe the February 1994 Model Railroader on building that little industry.Seeing the different sizes of piping (some of which is quite small) it would be a real PITA to do in N scale and downright impossible in Z. Not that I would not try a N version though.

I do wonder about finding the tank cars though.I will check that mag date at club tonight and post it here.

By the way M M I totally agree with your assessment of the article.The one I am referring to is where he got the idea to do his.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
The recent article was in the June 2013 Model Railroader, and it was written by Pelle Soeborg. The original article he referenced was in the Feb 1994 issue and was written by Clyde Maybee. If you are an MR subscriber you can download the original 1994 article as a PDF from the MR website - it's available as a "subscriber extra" if you follow the links to the June 2013 issue... (aw, heck, here is the link: http://mrr.trains.com/magazine-issues/2013/june-2013).

I didn't catch the original article because it was before I got into the hobby, but the most recent "redux" article definitely grabbed my attention. I decided I absolutely had to have one of those on my layout. I don't have room for it now, but I'm definitely bookmarking those articles for future use Goldth
Dan
If you compare the two articles Pelle"s is more of a look what I built article while the original is a true how to build it article.Both articles together really show the way.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"