G-scale Blue Comet for sale
I have a G-scale Bachmann Blue Comet set consisting of engine, tender, baggage car and passenger car. My only concern with running this train on my layout is trying to get it to take those tight N-scale curves. Eek Well, I have to admit that this set does look a little out of place as well since as you can see, it does take up the entire length of my layout. Icon_lol

The engine was sent to Bachmann shortly after I got it and they assured me that everything is now working. It has around 30 minutes of run time since being reworked (one year under the Christmas tree). Other than that, it’s spent the past few years sitting on a shelf collecting dust. I’d like someone else to get some enjoyment out of running it; since as you know, I barely have room for my N scale as it is.

The set is in good condition, showing little, if any signs of use, and should run like new. I’m asking $150 for the set including enough track for an oval. Please PM me if you are interested.

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Very nice ....if only I had the space .....and the $$$$ Goldth
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
teejay Wrote:Very nice ....if only I had the space .....and the $$$$ Goldth

You're right, around here we don't normally have either basements or attics, so a G layout would have to go outside. Although some people in Arizona have them outside, I've lived here way too long to even think about that. 35 35 Nooo, as Catt says, I'll stick with (N)ormal scale. Big Grin Let someone else have all the large scale fun. 357

Just think though, when have you been able to buy a genormous (compared to N) engine and tender with whistle, smoke and lights and including two cars, all for about half the cost of one HO or N scale DCC engine?
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
For my own taste I prefer On30 for " big scale " and I do have a small layout in that scale . If I had the bucks I would get rid of all my HO and go On30 but that isn't likely to happen in my lifetime . Nope

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
I have the space (ceiling train) and the desire but no coin. Is that one of the Big Haulers from some years back?
...prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits...

My blog>>> <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.misterbobsmodelworksemporium.blogspot.com">http://www.misterbobsmodelworksemporium.blogspot.com</a><!-- m -->
Don:
We bought a Bachman set last year. The dealer warned us that the track wouldn't last long, especially outdoors in Canada. What I also found was that (a) the loco-tender connection needed to be pushed home more firmly than I thought (b) the loco wouldn't operate on B'man's little power pack, but would on my larger pack that runs the LGB.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
shaygetz Wrote:I have the space (ceiling train) and the desire but no coin. Is that one of the Big Haulers from some years back?

Yup, this is one of the "Big Haulers". I haven't a clue as to how old it is, I've had it over seven years now, but as a guess, I'd add at least ten or fifteen to that.

BR60103 Wrote:Don:
We bought a Bachman set last year. The dealer warned us that the track wouldn't last long, especially outdoors in Canada. What I also found was that (a) the loco-tender connection needed to be pushed home more firmly than I thought (b) the loco wouldn't operate on B'man's little power pack, but would on my larger pack that runs the LGB.

Thanks for the info on that. The tracks that came with this look new, so whoever had it before I did hadn't run it very much and it probably has spent its whole life here in hot and dry Arizona. I don't have the original power pack, but it runs well on an 11VA one that someone sent me about the same time as I got it, but again, I've got very little run time on it. I'm figuring that whoever buys this will have good track and enough power already.

I've seen this selling anywhere from $26 for engine parts only, to over $600 for the set, mint in the box. I've set the price based on its condition, but I'm always willing to listen to a offer, especially from anyone here on Big Blue. Hmmm, the color of the Blue Comet almost matches our forum color. I wonder if I changed the herald from NJ Central, to the BB&G, would it be worth a lot more than before??? Big Grin
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
ezdays Wrote:Hmmm, the color of the Blue Comet almost matches our forum color. I wonder if I changed the herald from NJ Central, to the BB&G, would it be worth a lot more than before??? Big Grin
Perhaps you could start selling a series of "Big Blue Haulers" Icon_lol
Justin Miller
Modeling the Lebanon Industrial Railway (LIRY)
Justinmiller171 Wrote:
ezdays Wrote:Hmmm, the color of the Blue Comet almost matches our forum color. I wonder if I changed the herald from NJ Central, to the BB&G, would it be worth a lot more than before??? Big Grin
Perhaps you could start selling a series of "Big Blue Haulers" Icon_lol

Do I sense an auction coming up for BB&G haulers?????
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I'd buy it, but I've seen The Sopranos.
railohio Wrote:I'd buy it, but I've seen The Sopranos.

This transaction will not take place in any hobby shop, Nope and so we promise to be discrete. Besides, that was a different gauge and a bit pricier. But I do understand your reluctance. 2285_ Shoot
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Just in case someone overlooked this, it's still available and I'm willing to give someone here a generous discount before I decide to put it up on eBay.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Here it is, two months after first posting this. My how time flies, I had forgotten all about this, so if you want to take advantage of my senior moment, it's still available and I am willing to entertain all offers. If you are interested, this is your chance to get it at a decent price before it goes on eBay.

As I said, it had been repaired by Bachmann where they replaced the drive chassis, smoke unit, steam generator and whistle putting it in like-new condition. It has been sitting on the shelf most of its life since then.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
All is well, the Blue Comet has been sold and now resides in its new home where it will be used and appreciated. Thumbsup Thumbsup

If you were a train, you couldn't ask for more than that. 2285_
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Now you have all that money to lavish on your N scale layout where the money really belongs! Cheers
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string