The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!!
Went to the bank this morning to make a deposit then to the post office to send a package on it's way. From there to the doctors appointment. Doc says all's good for now. I'll take any good news I can get. From there my father and I went to Wal-Mart to get a bit of shopping done. He had accompanied me to the docs office to ask him some questions about my foot. Docs answer was the same as I've been telling him for over a year now. Not his job. He's not a podiatrist. There's not one in this area that will do anything on Medicaid. The Medicaid plan is OK if you're upper middle class or higher but for those with no private insurance like me it really stinks. I'm lucky I have the level of care I'm getting. No work on the layout today or anything else.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN3051.jpg]
15 year veteran fire fighter
Collector of Apple //e's

Beatus homo qui invenit sapientiam
I am single and not a good housekeeper. Its suppose to get good and hot this coming Friday actually by Wed. and I want to get my carpet professionally cleaned so now it will dry quickly. So I am working on cleaning behind the TV, computer desk, moving speakers into another room temporally and cleaning where they were and so on to get ready. When I'm all done my house will be cleaner than its been in a long time.
Dennis
Greetings, gang.

Gloomy and 68 degrees this morning with an expected high about 20 degrees north of that, along with some occasional thunderstorms.

Yesterday morning was spent with the grandkids and great-grandkids. Then in the afternoon I helped some old friends migrate from their antiquated XP box to a Windows 8 machine.

Today we await word on my father-in-law. He has a doctor's visit to discuss the results of an anomaly on his chest x-ray. This afternoon I'm on my own as my wife is going to lunch with a friend and then a round of shopping.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good morning. It's 78°, 88% humidity, high of 92°, partly cloudy cloudy with a 20% chance of rain.

Going out this morning to check things out with the VA. Be back later.
Collector of Apple //e's

Good Morning Blue
It's 69 and wet. We had a short rain this morning, not near enough but I will take it.
Today's plans are breakfast and a nap. Evening will be spent with two toy train friends running our new Legacy GP35s.
I gave mine a few laps yesterday and everything worked.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Good morning everyone, nice day in store for here, but a little hot. I was planning on going out target shooting this week, but the other guy backed out. Maybe that's not so bad given that we're looking at some record temps later this week. Friday and Saturday's forecast is for 117°, a bit toasty even for here. Well, not as bad as in 1990 when the high for today was 120, and tomorrow's high was 122. These are the days that you do any outside work before the sun comes up and if you go anywhere, you try not to do it after around noon. We were shopping at Walmart this morning around 6:30. By 7 or 8, it will be hard to find a parking spot there. Eek
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
In August 2005 the median price of a average one family home in the San Fernando Valley reached $600,000. In 1997 it was $155,000. From July to August (one month) 2005 it rose by $100,000. By 2009 prices are down to $330,000.
I read the above in Wikipedia, I am pretty sure the median price went below $330,000, only now do I read in the newspapers regularly that prices only now are going up at a normal rate, not crazy like in 2005. You could and people did buy a house and sit on it a few months and make a bunch of money even after all the taxes and realtor costs. Of coarse at the end a lot of people lost their shirt.
For a long time when I walk around my neighborhood there was a foreclosed on vacant house every two blocks.
Also in Wikipedia Sylmar where I live has 70% owner occupied houses. Its also 70% Mexican. And Sylmar has some of the lowest density in the Los Angeles area because its in the far corner of the valley and not very many apartments.
Dennis
Been to the VA and back. Nothing accomplished except learning that government paperwork STILL moves slower than the advance of a glacier. Later I have to go to my fathers place and wait to see if a cable TV repairman shows up. Sounds like a boring way to waste an afternoon. No layout work again today.

[Image: DSCN3033.jpg]
Collector of Apple //e's

Afternoon. Physical at Dr's. That annual thing you have to do to keep getting "drugs". Then a lunch at the Rolesville Mexican. Business thing. Now run erands. May mow grass but keep having Tshowers. Big boom just then.

Later.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Went to my fathers place this afternoon to wait on the cable guy. And no, it wasn't Larry. Would have been much more fun if it had been. He was supposed to show up sometime between 1pm and 5pm. Yeah, one of those appointments. By the time he showed up at 4pm I had already run down the problem. It was the remote for the cable box. To say it was bad would be an understatement. If you punched in 05 it went to channel 4. Hit channel up and nothing, channel down and nothing. Punch in 50 and it went to 55. Punch in 54 and it went 05. Punch in 06 and it turned off the TV. Get the picture? I brought in the remote from the great room and tried it. Everything worked perfectly. Changed the battery in the bad remote and tried it. My ears started itching. About that time the guy showed up, tried a few things, did a few tests and came to the same conclusion I had come to. He pressed the power button on the bad remote and my ears started behaving themselves. He got a new remote from his truck and tuned it to the TV and that was that. Problem fixed. About twenty minutes after he left my father and step mother returned from their business in town. My father had a doctors appointment and my step mother had some shopping to do. After his appointment my father took my mothers Pontiac G6 hardtop convertible to one of the car lots in town and sold it for $9K. That was better than letting it sit in the yard and collect dust. He didn't like driving it and I had a hard time driving it because of my foot. The only reason he bought it was because my mother liked convertibles. When he and my step mother got back home we all went to Los Mayos for dinner. No layout work today as I predicted earlier.
Collector of Apple //e's

Time for me to call it a night. Lots of walking involved today and anybody who knows me knows that walking for me is lots of work. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get to do some work on the layout.

See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN3004.jpg]
Collector of Apple //e's

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 73 with an expected high in the upper 80s. The sun will be making an appearance later this morning, so they say.

Good news from the father-in-law. The anomaly on his chest x-ray was merely a thickening of the lung tissue. No major health concern.

Today's agenda is still under review.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good morning all. Today we have an "excessive heat warning" that runs until Friday. What's confusing to me is that today it's suppose to get up to 107, but Saturday (which is not included in the warning) is suppose to be 117 or higher. It makes no sense to me, but then again, these are the ones that are getting to big bucks for doing this, so what do I know????? :? :?

That's enough for the weather for now.... But hey, if you can't talk about the weather, what else can you talk about??? Misngth

Have a great day folks... 2285_ 2285_
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Good morning. It's 77° with 93% humidity. The high will be 95°.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg]

I may be able to get some layout related work done today. There's a number of empty boxes under the layout that have to be moved and tossed out. They're just taking up space that I need to be able to move around under there. My niece is supposed to me notifying me about when she wants the yard mowed. I hope it's not today.

I located a brand new power supply for the Apple IIe. And I mean brand new. Never been out of the factory box. It was manufactured by Atlaz and is guaranteed to work. There was one left out of five so I grabbed it. I should have it on or before July 1st.

[Image: DSCN3003.jpg]
Collector of Apple //e's

Good Morning Blue
We have a sunny 71 going into the hi 80s today.
I spent yesterday evening with some friends running our new Legacy GP35s as a lash up and Charlie took pictures and posted a video.
They did everything they were suppose to do and sound great.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)