The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!!
Good morning all. Had a bit of trouble with the database this morning and found that we could only restore it to about 9 PM EST last night. I know we lost about four posts in this thread and a few more elsewhere. We apologize, but this is the computer age and these things happen. Wallbang Wallbang Wallbang
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Greetings, gang. Version 2.0

Right now it's 82 degrees with 36 percent humidity and winds of 25-35 mph.

Yesterday was one of those days where nothing goes right. I finally gave up, grabbed a beer, and the wife and I sat on the front porch and watched to world go by. Today things are going very well indeed. The door is hung, the trim is cut out for around the tub, and the towel bars are installed.

We have had a yucca plant behind the garage for several years and this year it finally decided to bloom for the first time. When I discovered it the bloom stalk had grown to about 5 feet tall. The first thing I thought of was "Day of the Triffids." Science fiction readers should recognize that title.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Looks like we lost some posts between yesterday and today.
15 year veteran fire fighter
Collector of Apple //e's

Beatus homo qui invenit sapientiam
Running Bear Wrote:Looks like we lost some posts between yesterday and today.

We did, as I said, anything between 9 EST and noon EST have all gone bye-bye. We were also shut down of about an hour to prevent any new posts from being lost. We're sorry about that, but hiccups do happen in the digital world. A few too many one's here, not enough zero's there and you have chaos. :? And for any inconvenience this has caused, we have decided that both the soda and candy machine outside the meeting room on the 25th floor of the Big Blue Bldg, will dispense at no charge to anyone until they are empty. That's the least we can do to make amends. Goldth
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Afternoon. Back home. Just got two bags of Liberty linked [Liberty is a herbicide] soybeans to sow a 4 foot strip around the edge of the woods and fields for deer food plots. My farmer uses Liberty herbicide. Now when he sprays his fields, he can spray the beans too. Also, any "drift" will not hurt them. Headed east tomorrow morning early. Hope to beat the rains. Raining every day now. Under Tstorm watch now. East of I 95 [where farms are] gets it all the time. Grass growing faster than you can cut it. Wallbang

Later
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Well pizza is in the oven I went and took a bunch of the diet Pepsi's out of the soda machine on the 25th floor to drink with my pizza. Wifes birthday today old her happy 29th birthday Thumbsup as tomorrow is our 29th anniversary and the younger you make her feel the better for you Wink

TGIF off for next 3 days 2285_ so have my deeds to do tonight so I can relax the next 3 Big Grin Have to make her a German Chocolate cake for birthday/anniversary want to make some dinner rolls tomorrow for our dinner she will have cornbread but I want some rolls I think.

Will run the trains some later and may work on the layout if not will tomorrow You all have a good weekend.
WARNING This veteran is medicated for your protection

visit my web page <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://rtssite.shutterfly.com/">http://rtssite.shutterfly.com/</a><!-- m --> also <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.donnasgrannysattic.com">http://www.donnasgrannysattic.com</a><!-- m -->
Good thing I got my cooler going yesterday or I would be dieing, were in a heat wave. Fri. 101 Sat. 108 Sun. 108.
I have a starter set Rail King Santa Fe streamliners set of 3 cars and a F-3. Yesterday on eBay I won two more cars a combine and a diner for $33 + $11.95 = $$44.95. My max bid was $60 so this is a really good deal.
I'm off to church bulletin stuffing, this is mostly seniors.
The above was typed this morning on notepad and I couldn't post it. I'm not good with computers so whenever something like that happens I wonder if its something I'm doing wrong so thanks to Don ezdays for explaining it.
Now in the afternoon and its really hot
Dennis
RT: Congrats on the upcoming anniversary and happy birthday to your wife.

I got a load of empty boxes from under the layout today and took up a bit more track. I set down a 90 degree curve to see about where the new track will be in relation to the park. Looks like I'll be making the park a bit bigger to support a length of track across the front of it.

I went to my fathers place for beans and cornbread this afternoon. While I was there I looked at my step mothers life alert system. You know, one of those things you press the button on in an emergency. She wanted me to hook it up to the phone line. Well my father has phone service through Suddenlink. So all the phones in the house connect to one modem. The person I was talking to with Life Alert said the thing had to be connected to the modem and then all the other lines would be connected to the Alert box. I did that. All I got was 'unable to detect phone line'. I hooked it up every way I could think of. 'Unable to detect phone line'. After about an hour of this I'm ready to set the darn thing on the railroad tracks! Then they tell me it needs a converter box to work with a modem. Well dang! They could have told me that an hour earlier! The beans and cornbread were good though.
Collector of Apple //e's

Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN4171.jpg]
Collector of Apple //e's

I'm cutting up Homasote. 5 sheets -- most are getting split down the middle but some of the others will be getting trimmed to 1 foot widths.
After all I've said about it, I've abandoned the knife blade in the Skilsaw. (or jigsaw, whatever you call it). It just wasn't going through and the blade was heating to blistering temp. I put in my coarsest blade and went at it. The second coarse blade went a lot faster. But I lose time sweeping up the dust and trimming the cut edges.
Anyway, I've been told to get the Homasote down on the layout even if there are no joists and things on the L-girders.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Good morning. It's 76° with 95% humidity. It will be mostly sunny and the high will be 95°.
[Image: cond026.gif]

Today I hope to clear more stuff out from under the layout. I'm not looking forward to going under there to fish out the larger items that in the way. I need to be able to access the wiring hence the need for the clear out. One things for sure. I'll have to make a new park scene. That doesn't bother me too much. There's some things about the current one that I wasn't happy with when it was done. Now I'll have a chance to correct them. One thing is that the batters bat was broken right out of the package and I was never able to fix it. I'd like to get another set of the kids playing baseball that has the batter with the bat intact.

USPS tracking shows that the new power supply for my IIe computer will be here today. It'll be nice to get the old Apple functioning properly again. The power supply in it now works but all the components in it are thirty plus years old and subject to age related failure. That was the reasoning behind finding one that has never been used. I consider it the same as a car collector who's rebuilding an antique sports car. Why settle for the part pulled off a junker when you can get one that was found in a warehouse still in it's packaging. After the new supply is installed I'll put the old one in the other IIe that's in the closet. When I can afford to I'll find a good one for it as well.

[Image: DSCN2801.jpg]
Collector of Apple //e's

Good morning all. I hate to keep talking about the heat here, but we were watching the TV news last night and I'm guessing at least half of it was regarding the heat. They were talking about what to do, where to get bottles of water, interviews with the homeless and stupid hikers that insist on hiking the hills and desert regardless of the weather. There were shots of Sheriff Joe Arpio's tent city where prisoners spend the day without A/C and strip down to their issued pink underwear and reporters taking the temps of the sidewaks with laser thermometers. Yeah, the cement got to around 145, and I'm sure the blacktop was even higher.

Today, it's around 5:30 in the morning and we are already pushing 90. Yesterday, the official high in Phoenix was 116, but while we were driving home around 3 PM, we got readings of 118 most of the way, and as high as 119 in spots. We are in for another brutally hot day today, that's for sure. :o
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
ezdays Wrote:Good morning all. I hate to keep talking about the heat here, but we were watching the TV news last night and I'm guessing at least half of it was regarding the heat. They were talking about what to do, where to get bottles of water, interviews with the homeless and stupid hikers that insist on hiking the hills and desert regardless of the weather. There were shots of Sheriff Joe Arpio's tent city where prisoners spend the day without A/C and strip down to their issued pink underwear and reporters taking the temps of the sidewalks with laser thermometers. Yeah, the cement got to around 145, and I'm sure the blacktop was even higher.
Imagine how they'd feel if they had to deal with those temps AND the humidity we have here. They'd really have something to scream about then. The humidity here right now is 85%. The temp is 81° but feels more like 90°.
Collector of Apple //e's

Good morning all.

It is cool out but it will change as day goes on more than likely we will have pop up showers in the afternoon and tomorrow as well.

Train news nothing new.

Job hunt is over 2285_ had multiple offers but only 2 interviews Smile I have accepted a job but have to wait till monday to find out when I actually start.

3D printing and other projects on hold till I get setteled in at work, a new set of tires for the truck trumps all other spending.
Running Bear Wrote:Imagine how they'd feel if they had to deal with those temps AND the humidity we have here. They'd really have something to scream about then. The humidity here right now is 85%. The temp is 81° but feels more like 90°.
You got that right. I remember our one year in Houston where, like in Louisiana, the humidity and temp number are about the same. To us this time of the year in this part of Arizona, anything over 10% is high humidity. Right now it's 27%, but that will change once the sun is up for a while. We also have one other thing happening right now. It looks very overcast, but they say we're getting the smoke from a fire in New Mexico, so if anyone thinks this means a cool day out or even some rain, forgetaboutit... Eek
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and