Chat Room
teejay Wrote:Since I haven't been on a chat room in 6 or 7 years , ....do you still type in all the dialogue or has that changed in some way ? I was on a model car forum that had chat and I found it to be cumbersome at best .....typing errors , people coming and going from the room . That's why I posted my initial comment .

T
Yup - Nothing's changed.....
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
I've looked at the chat room a couple of times, but the only time there were people on it, they were talking about trucks.
I don't think others' times are compatible with mine.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
BR60103 Wrote:I've looked at the chat room a couple of times, but the only time there were people on it, they were talking about trucks.
I don't think others' times are compatible with mine.

The thing about chat rooms is that the ones like ours is there so that we can talk about anything. We have a whole bunch of forums to talk about our hobby, so some go to the chat room to talk about most anything else. It's a good way to get to know others here; still, if there's no interest in the topics being discussed, then you kind of feel like a wallflower at a dance. :|
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I tried to keep the torch lit a while back but things changed. I use to go on everyday/night and know how may signed in, besides the regulars and occasionals, the majority if people that came in the room didn't know how to use it mostyl just entering and disappearing after a few minutes without a peep.

I find it strange how people are pushed away from the idea of a chat saying its not needed. Meanwhile The Hobo Camp thread is the same thing but not in thread style.

Currently I haven't been on as much as I want to, so I barely use the chat, but I find it a redeeming quality of this forum. It is also the best model chat with the best group of people that do enter it.

I would like to add that since its real time and you with a group of people and need an answer or suggestion, you can get it. I've helped others and they have helped me with various thing from railroading to cars to construction.
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.