Part organizers
What do you use?

I find that when I buy a couple utility boxes they get discontinued 35

I'm about to just use Plano Pro Latch 3700 series fishing boxes since they can be had for around $5
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
I used to buy the Plano 3700 series for storing my N scale cars and locos(24 forty to sixty foot cars..Don't know if you have a Harbor Freight near you but they have their version for $3.00 .This one due to a built in handle only holds 23 cars/locos. Eek :mrgreen:
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Lunch meat: Ham, Roast beef, Chicken, Turkey, come in clear plastic resealable containers.
Parts, Pieces, scrap styrene, stained wood ties, scenery material, decals, couplers, ________ etc., all get stored in the containers after Wink "lunch" Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
If you buy those individual portions of Jello, pudding or apple sauce, those come in really handy for holding parts and they're stackable. Another thing I use, when we get Chinese take-out, they always put a couple of small containers of sweet and sour sauce with them. The have removable lids and are great for storing anything you want that needs a lid on, including some recently mixed paint or small parts that could spill out.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Film cans. I was smart to save a bunch before I bought my digital camera three years ago.
railohio Wrote:Film cans. I was smart to save a bunch before I bought my digital camera three years ago.

Cheers

I found one small problem with the plastic 35mm film containers.....the adhesive on the self stick labels, eventually "lets go" and the labels fall off the containers. :o :o
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
I was picking up all sorts of them before we moved. Lots of dollar store ones, now full of unsorted screws from the layout. Home Depot had a sale on ones that latched together and were big enough for O scale cars and some G figures. When you see some you like, buy loads because they won't be there next year.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.