Attention everyone
Icon_lol I had to re-read a few of the 11 pages of drivel there Icon_lol

That was a great tongue in cheek "factless" thread too Smile Big Grin Smile

It's a shame that zathros doesn't get the jest of it... We were all leaving, that's why the forum no longer would be "alive and kicking".... Smile It was the Train section we were referring to, not the card guys... who - Thank Goodness - ARE still doing well! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Charlie B Wrote:That from a senior moderator. they have so much tact.

Charlie
......... and yes, that's one of the reasons we all left.... and Big Blue was created Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Icon_lol Lester - at least it wasn't one of the GERN threads that he was talking about - But then again, they were all "based on Facts" Eek Icon_lol
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
I did enjoy some of the card modeller posts and thought some could be very useful for model railroading, but that place just feels wrong and I don't visit often.
I was surprised that my password still worked.
I missed Blue more for the time it was down yesterday than I ever did that place. Only thing good from there was being invited here.
Charlie
Sheesh, I wonder what he'd say if he saw some of those other threads we had back then? That one went on for some 11 pages, and we all participated. Like Mikey says, stuff like this is the reason we left in the first place. We'd never ban anyone from having a good time, even sometimes at our expense. Confusedhock: After we left, the chain of command there took an awful turn. We had "the Shark" who banned anyone he felt was a threat, then there was peace for a while when Chris was running things, but Zathro was honing his skills and he now plays a much bigger role in how the forums are run, and it's like having the Shark back. 35 A real pity that these guys have no sense of humor nor any tolerance for anyone that has. Nope

We are pleased to be able to give Big Blue up to you for whatever comes to mind, and so far, no one has taken advantage of that trust. Big Grin It's a pity that those guys over there have such a hair trigger, but then they are guided by their current owner, and there's lots of policies in place to follow. We have one policy here, "Hey, it's a hobby folks, have fun, enjoy it and the people you meet along the way".....

Oh yeah, we found the light switch, and thanks to your generous donations, we can afford to turn it back on for now. Thumbsup Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
ezdays Wrote:Oh yeah, we found the light switch, and thanks to your generous donations, we can afford to turn it back on for now. Thumbsup Thumbsup
But now it's a BLUE light!!!! Cheers Eek Goldth Goldth Goldth
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

I have heard that trying to leave that place as a member is hard because they need the numbers....now I can see a way out. Icon_lol

Misngth
Charlie
Les, I too am a troublemaker, but I have no intentions of changing my ways. I am just purely having too much fun. 2285_ 2285_

Lynn
Whitehouse, Tx
I guess I'm glad that I have no clue what you guys are discussing ....probably better that way Icon_lol

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
teejay Wrote:I guess I'm glad that I have no clue what you guys are discussing ....probably better that way Icon_lol

T

The short version:

1. We had a tongue-in-cheek, fun thread over at the "other place" some five years ago about the light at the end of the tunnel being turned off because of cutbacks. I was wrong about the page count, the thread lasted some 26 pages, or almost 400 posts.
  2. Les remembered that thread and went there yesterday to post a simple "is the light still on" message.
  3. The admin there, Rhaven Blaack, posted a reply
  4. Zathros, the "senior moderator" also replied about the thread being ridiculous and full of non-facts, and threatened to ban anyone that tried to keep a thread like that going.
  5. They not only locked the thread, but, I'm assuming, that Zathros banned Les as well.
I guess that's the way they like it over there.... sorry, but that's not how we do things around here, which is why we're here in the first place.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Just one other statistic from over there, but 20 of the top 21 posters there are from the old Gauge, most of whom haven't posted, or even visited there in years. The way it's going, even after four years of us being away, it'll take those card modelers a few more years before they even start to show in the running. :mrgreen:
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
ngauger Wrote:
ezdays Wrote:Oh yeah, we found the light switch, and thanks to your generous donations, we can afford to turn it back on for now. Thumbsup Thumbsup
But now it's a BLUE light!!!! Cheers Eek Goldth Goldth Goldth

So !!!! When do the "Flashing Blue Light Specials" start 2285_ 2285_ Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
teejay Wrote:I guess I'm glad that I have no clue what you guys are discussing ....probably better that way Icon_lol
T

Tee Jay This is what we are talking about. Go to the zealot address posted here and be sure to check the last page

Lester Perry Wrote:I tried to post this last night but someone pulled the plug on me Eek while I was doing it.

Sumpter250 Wrote:See you all "at the other end of the tunnel" 2285_ 2285_

This reminded me of a thread many years ago on the Gauge / Zealot.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163170">http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163170</a><!-- m -->
So I went looking for it. When I found it I posted a reply just to see what would happen. I got a reply and PM from the moderator. I am so glad we have good men running the show here, who aren't afraid to have a little fun. I replied to the moderator that I probably wouldn't be back.
Les
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.lesterperry.webs.com/">http://www.lesterperry.webs.com/</a><!-- m --> Check it out
http://www.youtube.com/lesterperry/
Sumpter250 Wrote:So !!!! When do the "Flashing Blue Light Specials" start 2285_ 2285_ Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol
Now wait a minute here - Don't confuse me!!!! a "Special" is a train run, that is not on the regular schedule.. It usually gets "Green" lights or at least a highball or 2!!
train 35 35 35 35 35 35 35
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

And I also just remembered how all this started... when the members were going on their exodus from the "white" place due to the membership not liking all the new rules and all the changes.... Someone made the innocent comment:
Last one out - turn off the lights!

And then a few days later that thread was started Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

wow, they got angry over that? And I thought they were a little picky over at the Model Railroader forums. Back when I used to read/participate over there about 6-7 years ago, there used to be a fellow that would get everyone all riled up. They banned him, and he would periodically come back and stir the pot again.
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Applause to Les Icon_lol
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.