We are now running on the new server
Once the lithium crystals kicked in , Big Blue was off and running . Many thanks to all the admin staff involved ....I'm very appreciative of your collective effort . Thumbsup

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
impressive I must say. But then again I am so knowledgeable about computers that I am amazed when I push the button on the front and it turns on. 35 35
Les
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.lesterperry.webs.com/">http://www.lesterperry.webs.com/</a><!-- m --> Check it out
http://www.youtube.com/lesterperry/
Congrats on the smoooth transition!
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Wow, that was a smooth change. Thank you!

Lutz
Thanks again for being patient with us. Just like in show business though, things seem to be running smoothly on stage, but there are lots of bumps backstage.

We again, thank Packey for working tirelessly through the night and getting us back on track so quickly. He took the bumps out of the transition and we will be ever grateful to him for that.

And, just so you don't have to think about this happening again for a long time. We have no desire, nor reason to change servers again. Nope We are now on one of the biggest servers in the country and have as much space here as we need. Smile We are hoping that Packey's job from here on out will be to do an occasional update and backup. He did more than his share this time. Thumbsup Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Never a moment's doubt !!! Wink Wink
( OK I do have this toll bridge in New York That I'm willing to sell, cheap ! ) :o Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Good job guys, thanks for the time and effort. I never felt a thing Cheers

Cheers,

Kev
Such is life
ezdays Wrote:
Tyson Rayles Wrote:OK Scotty you can slow to impulse power now. Thanks Packey, job well done! Thumbsup Worship

Just coasting now until the replacement beryllium sphere that we order off the Internet shows up. Icon_lol

Geez Don;

You gotta be careful ordering those things. I have a buddy here in Australia who wanted one because of the movie, so he orders it off Ebay and it never arrives. Unfortunately the guys in the black suits turn up at his house and ask him why he wants one. And this is serious stuff, cause the state police, and the Federalis are there and a whole other circus of law enforcement.

He never gets the sphere mind you, but he gets the lecture about how these things are used as an initiator for nuclear weapons, and so on. This mate of mine is an electronics guru and clock maker of some repute so he takes them on a tour of his clock workshop (since they've dropped by and he loves to tweak the law a little) and shows them the GPS clocks and stuff he is working with to accurise his hand built clocks (we're talking about < 20 milli-seconds per decade accuracy for his old fashioned clocks - which is cool - I'm getting one for my 50th this year) and all of the parts are ex mil-spec GPS boards from HARM, SLAM and other long distance terrain followng missles, and ex Israeli stuff he uses in his full time gig and stuff.

So you can imagine that the Federalis go nuts, and the guys in black suits go nuts, and the State Police go nuts and he shows them the import docos are all legal and so on and they go away. They don't like it but they go.

The motto of this whole story is: don't joke about the beryllium spheres.
Regards
Regards
Andrew Martin
Visit the blog and the small layout design site: https://huntervalleylines.wordpress.com
For modelling articles and gallery (click Website button below)
What's a belly-rhythm spear?

Lynn
Whitehouse, Tx
yellowlynn Wrote:What's a belly-rhythm spear?

Lynn

It's a round thingy made from some stuff they found on some planet inhabited by some little creatures and one huge rock monster. Eek It is the main source of power on the Thermians' worship in defense of the evil Sarris and his crew.

By Grabthar's hammer, by the sons of Worvan, you shall be avenged. Cheers

And I can fully understand why those guys in black suites are interested in the supply chain of this product. It's not dangerous, it's just hard to find... 8-)
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Wooooo Hooooo! You got me and bested me on that one. I'll quit now afore I get out there further behinder 24

Lynn
Whitehouse, Tx
yellowlynn Wrote:Wooooo Hooooo! You got me and bested me on that one. I'll quit now afore I get out there further behinder 24

Lynn

Lynn, I thought you knew and were just kidding, but there's a movie called, Galaxy Quest, where all this happens. It's a really funny spoof on other space movies like Star Trek. All the things I mentioned are things that are in that movie. You can find a DVD of it in Walmart for about $5.00
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
You mean those names and stuff is for real? Wholly Tabasco!!! The only sci-fi movies I remember seeing is "Forbidden Planet" and "Jurassic Park". Most sci-fis don't interest me.

Lynn
Whitehouse, Tx
yellowlynn Wrote:You mean those names and stuff is for real? Wholly Tabasco!!! The only sci-fi movies I remember seeing is "Forbidden Planet" and "Jurassic Park". Most sci-fis don't interest me.

Lynn
If you ever see another sci-fi, this is it. Even if you don't think you do, get this one, you'll split your sides laughing. 357 357 it stars Tim Allen, so that in itself should give you a clue. 35
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Thanks Don. When it stars Tim Allen, you're right, that says it all. I'll see about hitting Walmart and picking it up. I love good comedy.

Lynn
Whitehouse, Tx