The traveling Grande Valley Railway (Onandaga Sub)
Track nails? I always use white glue and a mist of warm water later will free it up if I want to redo anything. I do use the foam over the plywood also. Your progress look good Catt.
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
While I am typing this my BQ23-7 is running loops on the new layout.It runs fine through the passing siding which probaly should be longer (but after all it is a shortline).More pics over the weekend.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Catt,

How about a close-up of the BQ23-7. I assume that it is a Shapeways cab on an Atlas body? How do you plan to paint it?

Popcornbeer
Mark
Mark, this is the only closeup pic I have.The cab is indeed a Shapeways product.Once I have her done she will be in the burgandy and gray scheme of my Grande Valley Railway.Shev is a long ways from done.Pic was taken on my home layout.

[Image: bq23-7a.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Catt,

That looks very nice and I can't wait to see it completed. I really like these unusual locomotives and it is great to see options that are becoming available in other scales.

Mark
I believe there is a HO version of the cab now.I may be checking that later this year.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Catt Wrote:I believe there is a HO version of the cab now.I may be checking that later this year.
From Shapeways? I looked but didn't see it.

Mark
Wow, I thought the CF's were ugly but that has them beat hands down! Glad I like the earlier locos, these newer ones (pretty much anything after the 70's) just don't have the styling I like.
Mike

Mike,
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and please don't start picking on the CF7's as I love them too, along with the high hood Southern GP30's.
790_smiley_picking_a_fight

Kidding of course... 357
Mark
Mark,don't mind Mike .He's just jealous because we love the ugly step childs of the model railroading hobby. :mrgreen:

I went to Shapeways last night,put HO scale in the search engine and got 6,600 results.Did you know that N,Nn3/30,O,S,T,TT,and Z are all HO scale ? Me either after 150 pages I quit looking for the HO BQ cab. Wallbang
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

However I do like the BL-2. Eek
Mike

Progress pic showing what I have done so far,ignore the mess behind the layout that thing will probably never get done.Track in front of retaining wall goes down to a two track staging yard which is going to be a seperate (plug-n-play) part of the layout.

[Image: n-plan-f.jpg]

Here is a pic showing the start of the staging yard.When built this will bolt to the layout right where that T pin is in the upper pic.Since I need more track to extend one of my sidings I will probably expand the yard from it's current 32" to 38" which should be a big enough yard for a layout this size.

[Image: n-plan-g.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Quote:From Shapeways? I looked but didn't see it.

Mark,
keep checking this Shapeways page,as Alexander is in the process of designing the HO version of the cab but at the moment life is getting in the way.http://www.shapeways.com/shops/boxcarmodels
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Thanks Catt. I will keep checking there to see when it becomes available.

Mark
Here is the first scratchbuilt buildings going on the layout.The brown buildingon the corner behind is the next project. I swiped the brown building off the big layout to see if the style would work there and the wife liked it so much I am going to replicate it for that spot.It may be a different colour but it will be there.

[Image: n-plan-h.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"