The traveling Grande Valley Railway (Onandaga Sub)
Just to keep this thread on the first page where I can find it I am posting two pics of my current scratchbuild for the Sub.This is Onandaga Foods a totally fictious grocery warehouse in a totally freelanced version of a real town in Michigan. Eek

[Image: foods1.jpg]

[Image: foods2.jpg]

I have till Friday afternoon to get the roof done,windows and doors.a paint job,and the parking lot paved.Club show is Saturday.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Yesterday I made the roof for the warehouse and built the office.Today the office roof,a coat of primer ans some basic scenery work.

[Image: foods3.jpg]

[Image: foods4.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

I love the space, the modern buildings and the proportions with so little compression.
Reinhard
When the day comes that I retire this layout from show duty it will get fences and gates and street lights and at least 50 LPBs doing the things that LPBs do.Such as drive trucks stand on the docls looking like they really know what they are doing. Eek

Oh and crossing lights (hopefully flashing for the train).Once the layout is done (not finished) all of the buildings will be scratchbuilt.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Looking good Catt!
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Thanks Mike.This layout has got me thinking about trashing the big layout and doing a much more managable one on a couple hollow core doors.I think one just over 13 1/3' by 30-32" would be a lot more fun plus give me room for this layout and the Z all in one place.Did I mention that the Z is going on a 30" door next spring? :mrgreen:
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Catt,
Any progress on the BQ23-7?

Mark
Mark, been putting all my time into this layout.I'm hoping to get back on the BQ in December.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Ok Catt, I'm just getting anxious to see how looks finished.

I passed up on a brass ho scale version on eBay last spring since the cost was staggering at $800+, if I remember correctly. In their defense, it was a very limited run, factory painted by the manufacturer, I think there were less than 30 made.

Mark
Some pics of the Sub at today's show.

[Image: nplan-a.jpg]

[Image: nplan-b.jpg]

[Image: nplan-c.jpg]

[Image: nplan-d.jpg]

[Image: nplan-e.jpg]

[Image: nplan-f.jpg]

e were sceduled to do the Muskegon show nexr week Sunday.They told us today they won't know if they will have room for us till next Saturday evening.We told them no thanks we will pass.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Amazing how some vehicles bring everything to life! Thumbsup
Mike

Got a whole month (almost) till the next show to get more done.We had one sceduled for next Sunday ,but inspite of them inviting us they now won't know till next Saturday evening if they will have room for us.So we said "Thank's but, no thanks we will pass this time".I have more buildings to create but I think I will concentrate on finishing some of the ones I have first.

I'm not complaining to loudly about the show next Sunday because it is good to see them getting more vendors now that they have a new location as the old one was neither vendor or buyer friendly.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Tyson Rayles Wrote:Wow, I thought the CF's were ugly but that has them beat hands down! Glad I like the earlier locos, these newer ones (pretty much anything after the 70's) just don't have the styling I like.

Hey Mike,

I know how much you love these and now there is some opportunity for you "N" scale modelers. Goldth Misngth Goldth
Now, if I could score a Southern HH GP30 or three, in N scale brass, I think that I could be convinced to make a coffee table layout. Icon_lol

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ebay.com/itm/N-scale-CF7-locomotive-conversion-kit-/200986757335?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item2ecbbe88d7">http://www.ebay.com/itm/N-scale-CF7-loc ... 2ecbbe88d7</a><!-- m -->

Mark
I give up, what's a HH?
Mike

Catt, I've seen lots of industrial parks that look a lot like the scenes in your pics above! Very nice! Thumbsup