Melrose Park,IL - help needed
I'm looking for a prototype for new modules for my module group.

My choice would the industrial track between Armitage Ave in the north, N Mannheim Rd in the east, Anson Dr in the west and James Pl in Melrose Park,IL.

At Google Earth look at 41°54'37"N and 87°53'14" W

I found a lot of informations using Google, Google Earth, Street view and Bing maps.

But for a good model there are never enough pics. Mainly because I'm living in Germany and there is no chance for a visit.

Is here is this forum some one who lives near this place and who can take some pics for me ?
greetings from northern Germany
Joerg

Indiana City, my layout
http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic...=46&t=5379
Living in CA can't help much w/ pix there, but have you tried finding track charts for the RRs in your area? Most RR historical societies have them these days.
Andy Jackson
Santa Fe Springs CA
ATSF/LAJ Ry Fan & Modeler
Industries within the borders ( streets you named ) are:
Drywall Service, A&R Heavy duty repair, Complete Vending Services, Precision Lapping and Grinding, Alloy Welding Corporation, Direct Trucking, Stern Pinball, Krinos Foods, Feeder Corp., and Alois Box.

That area is about thirty miles from me, so, it is accessible.
The problem is, There isn't a day between now, and the end of August, that I could get down there, and take any photos. Once I get back home from Arizona, I'd be able to.

In the mean time, put together a list of the things you need detail photos of, and PM it to me ( names of industries, side/sides of buildings, you want photos of, "looking from/to"....for example " the East wall of Stern Pinball, as seen from Janice Avenue",
or "The south wall of A&R Heavy Repair" "close-up" and/or from a "distance", etc..
)

357 Oh yeah, and the name of a good attorney, Wink Wink for when I get arrested for trespassing ! :o Icon_twisted 357 357
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
you've got a PM
greetings from northern Germany
Joerg

Indiana City, my layout
http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic...=46&t=5379