So. Calif, Layout Tour – Sept. 1 (Thirty Layouts!!)
Model Railroads Of Southern California’s thirty-ninth layout tour takes place on Sunday, September 1.

This will be a self-guided tour of thirty layouts at twenty-four locations throughout Southern California.

Four home layouts and one club are appearing for the first time on our tour program: Rob Caves’ HO scale Eastern California Railroad, Ray Dunakin’s 1/24th scale In-ko-pah Railroad, Phillip Hermsmeyer’s On30 Ocean Shore Railway & Navigation Company, Frank Licata’s O-27 Pisano Railroad and the Chula Vista Live Steamers Club.

Altogether there will be thirteen HO scale standard gauge layouts, three HO narrow gauge layouts, two N scale layouts, four O scale/O-27 layouts, two O scale narrow gauge layouts and three garden railroads, including one in 1/24th scale and one in 1/23.3 scale.

Photographs of many of these layouts may be seen on the National Narrow Gauge Convention layout tour page at:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.33rdnngc.com/layouts/">http://www.33rdnngc.com/layouts/</a><!-- m -->

Click on the layout owner’s name and then click on the photos to enlarge them.

You do NOT have to be registered with the Convention to see the layouts which are open on September 1. This is a free event and you may bring relatives and friends. Below is the layout list, schedule and addresses.

If you would like description of the layouts contact me at:

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:chiefbobbb@verizon.net">chiefbobbb@verizon.net</a><!-- e -->

before August 27.

Persons taking this tour assume all risks and liability for their personal safety. Although I am the Moderator of Model Railroads Of Southern California, I am not responsible for personal loss or injury to persons taking this tour.

Be sure to check the Model Railroads Of Southern California website the day before the tour to check for any changes to the schedule or layout lineup.

If you cannot make this tour more tours are scheduled including:

• Central Coast Railroad Festival – October 10-14
• Banning Train Festival – October 19 & 20
• PCR Convention (San Luis Obispo) – April 30 - May 4, 2014

Other layout tours for 2014 are now being considered in addition to the PCR/NMRA Convention layout tour.

Bob Chaparro
Model Railroads Of Southern California
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Model_Railroads_Of_Southern_California/">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Model_Rai ... alifornia/</a><!-- m -->

HOME LAYOUTS

Rob Caves
Eastern California RR (HO)
9:00 to 1:00
2085 Santa Rosa Ave, Altadena

Roger Clarkson
R&F Railroad (HO & G)
10:00 to 1:00
1463 Rimroad, Riverside

Al Daumann
Burney, Redding & Western (HO)
11:00 to 4:00
443 Valley Gate Road, Simi Valley

Ray Dunakin
In-ko-pah Railroad (1/24th)
12:00 to 4:00
4665 Huggins Street, San Diego

Bob Grech
Western Pacific Railroad (HO)
10:00 to 7:00
17302 Elm Street, Fountain Valley

Steve Harris
Rio Grande Southern (HOn3)
10:00 to 2:00
12424 Sierra Rojo Rd., Valley Center

Phillip Hermsmeyer
Ocean Shore Railway & Navigation Co. (On30)
10:00 to 5:00
1920 Alderwood Circle, Vista

Dennis Ivison
Southern Pacific & Arizona (On30)
10:00 to 4:00
9962 Lenore Drive, Garden Grove

Lloyd Lehrer
Western & Terminal RR & Navigation Co. (HO & HOn3)
9:30 to 4:00
401 9th Place, Manhattan Beach

Frank Licata
Pisano Railroad (O-27)
10:00 to 4:00 2306
Alscot Avenue, Simi Valley

Burton Maxwell
Westside Lumber Co. (HOn3)
1:00 to 6:00
318 Rose View Place, Chula Vista

Bob Olds
Tidewater & Western Railway (HO)
9:00 to 1:00
641 Vista Bonita, Newport Beach

Bob Parcell
Dynamic Hobbies Store Layout (O)
11:00 to 5:00
811 E Florida Ave., Hemet

Dick Roberts
Nevada County Railroad (HO)
12:00 to 5:00
760 Camelot Parkway, El Cajon

Bob Treat
Snow Creek Railroad (1/20.3)
10:00 to 3:00
3650 Copley Avenue, San Diego

CLUB LAYOUTS

Calif. Southern Model RR Club (HO)
12:00 to 3:00
12140 E Firestone Blvd., Norwalk

Chula Vista Live Steamers
12:00 to 3:00
Rohr Park
4548 Sweetwater Road, Chula Vista

East Valley Lines (N)
10:00 to 4:00
5200 Zoo Drive, Los Angeles

Gold Coast Modular Railroad Club (HO)
9:00 to 7:00
Murphy Auto Museum
2230 Statham Blvd, Oxnard

La Mesa Model RR Club (HO)
1649 El Prado, San Diego

Los Angeles Live Steamers
11:00 to 3:00
5202 Zoo Drive, Los Angeles

San Diego 3-Railers (O)
1649 El Prado, San Diego

San Diego Model RR Association (HO & O)
1649 El Prado, San Diego

San Diego Society of N Scale (N)
11:00 to 5:00 1649 El Prado, San Diego

Santa Susana RR Hist. Society (HO)
6503 Katherine Road, Simi Valley

South Coast RR Museum (HO)
300 N. Los Carneros, Goleta
Southern Calif. Live Steamers
11:00 to 3:00
2100 Washington Ave., Torrance

NOTES:
Please observe individual hours of operation for the layouts. No smoking at any layout.
Information current as of 8-23-13.
Roger Clarkson – Home is on Rimroad (one word), not Rim Circle.
Lloyd Lehrer – Upstairs location. Parking limited to two cars at a time or park at end of block.
Bob Olds – Important! Please park on the side of the street opposite the driveways/garages. Not handicap accessible.
Bob Parcell/Dynamic Hobbies – Park in rear.
Gold Coast Modular Railroad Club – Located inside the Murphy Auto Museum. No admission charge but a donation is appreciated.
San Diego Model Railroad Museum – Admission is required for clubs located within the museum (La Mesa, San Diego 3-Railers, San Diego Model RR Assoc., and San Diego Society of N Scale):
Adults - $8.00
Seniors (65+) - $6.00
Students (with ID) - $3.00
Military (with ID) - $4.00
Children 14 and under - FREE when accompanied by an adult
South Coast Railroad Museum – Park in parking area past fire station, proceed to museum visitor center and ask to see layout.
I'm wondering if this post -- and the numerous others like it from this user -- might be better put in the "Tours, Events, and Shows" forum. However, I note that this user has posted nearly 40 such announcements and little or nothing else in the year since he's joined, and in fact he is a member of just about every model railroad forum out there, posting the same message in every forum. The moderators, and some members, may feel this is fine, although these posts don't seem to get many views, they're of limited interest in a forum where there are members in Germany, the UK, Australia, etc, they're simply repetitious, and in themselves suggest the user isn't actually interested in hobby fellowship on a forum so much as just posting announcement after announcement.

So while I'm not a member of many forums, I have been looking for ways simply to block out from my personal account the ability to view what I'm beginning to see as mildly irritating spam -- if I can do this, it will lower my stress level by some small amount. However, while the help pages here suggest it may be possible to do this by adding a user to the "foes" list (which simply causes me not to see that user's posts), I'm not sure if this has been activated here, as it isn't an option when I look at thecitrusbelt''s profile.

Can this be done on this forum?

The moderators may wish to suggest that, at minimum, the user place these broadcast posts in the proper forum as a matter of courtesy.

Thanks!
I've gone to the other forums I'm in (not many) and placed thecitrusbelt on the "ignore list" that's available on each of them, so he can post to his heart's content, and I can not have to see his posts to my heart's content. I looked again for some version of "ignore list" here, but can't find it. Seems like this would be a least-drastic way of handling a problem (perceived as such by me, anyhow) like this, although my own view is that all these announcements, which have drawn mostly very few views and very, very few replies, are not much more than spam. These are broadcast posts, after all, not anything posted with specific intent of interacting with anyone here or elsewhere.
Since Bob's posts like this aren't the only ones like this posted here (& other forums) what's the big deal. There's nothing that says you HAVE to open it & read it. All you need to do is look at the title & go on.
Andy Jackson
Santa Fe Springs CA
ATSF/LAJ Ry Fan & Modeler
Actually, Andy, I can't think of anything similar to what thecitrusbelt does. As I say, he is a member of every forum out there, and he posts the same post to every forum about every minor event he oprganizes in Southern California -- the same post -- in at least half a dozen forums, in addition to his own Yahoo groups. I'm simply not aware of anything else like that. It's a minor irritant, but from my point of view it's just another form of non-web etiquette -- not too much different from the newbie poster who posts in all caps, for instance. I'd love to be able to block it out, and I can do that on other forums. I'm just asking if it might be turned on here -- though I think it's also worth pointing out that there's a forum for announcements like that, and again, like the newbie who posts in all caps, it might be helpful for the moderators to suggest basic courtesy there, too. I simply don't think either request is out of line.

No biggie, but I think it's something that's in fact unique in the model railroad forum world, a broadcast announcement to everyone everywhere about some layout tour in Lomita!
Well your complaining is also here for all to see if they CHOOSE to.
Andy Jackson
Santa Fe Springs CA
ATSF/LAJ Ry Fan & Modeler
I suppose it may well benefit the folks in the tour area , and just be a minor annoyance to everyone else . It's not a big deal to me personally .

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
I'm not aware of a blocking feature that might keep members from seeing the titles of threads they'd prefer not to see. The suggestion of not opening threads one doesn't wish to read seems the easiest way of dealing with the issue. As for this particular member's tendency to post announcements about shows and open houses I'll be happy to send him a PM letting him know we have a sub forum for announcements. Perhaps he hasn't noticed that. We aren't that rigid about where posts must be made, really.
To all:
If you have an issue with anyone's post, please take a moment, go to the board index and find the moderator / 's who are responsible for the forum the post is in, and PM us.
We are here to "moderate", and would rather deal with the "one who posted the questioned thread", than the "commenter".
Let's all try to keep this forum a friendly place.
Thanks in advance,
Sumpter250
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!