General electronics and or robots
In Highschool, I used an Actobatics kit to make an RC robot to collect Tennis balls. It was one of the best there, and I made it right to the end. I only lost the tournament because I hit the wrong button and didn't deposit the tennis balls correctly. (Operator error... D'oh!)

I can't find any pictures of it, though I know I have them somewhere.

I did find my Mag-lev though... That was fun! The idea is that we needed the fastest Mag Lev, and it had to carry three heavy washers and an Lego man without "loosing the cargo" when it hit the end. Like my other robot, I made it to the Very end, but mine was just slightly slower. We attributed it to mount my motor and propeller to low.

Basically, the Mag-lev track was two metal Angle pieces, with magnets lined on the bottom. The angles not only guided the Mag-lev, but powered it, exactly like a DC powered Model train. One of the challenges was to collect power. You had to come up with a device to do so, you couldn't just let the wires drag.

I simply borrowed the metal pantographs off my Bachmann Metroliners and bolted them to the side! It was VERY effective.

I used paper to make a "latch" to hold the washers in, and the "passenger" compartment was built up so that the lego couldn't move.

I miss that class!

[Image: Image014.jpg]

[Image: Image015.jpg]
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
TrippiN Wrote:The boat you saw was the Scout most likely. Dang thing was destined to fail right from launch. they used a deep, narrow fin keel with the motor mounted on the bottom of it. Can you say seaweed catcher...Ted

Icon_twisted 357 Seaweed catcher.

OK ? I said it Wink It's one thing to know robotics, it's completely another thing to know the "Sea" Wink Icon_lol 357 357 357 357 357

Icon_twisted just for the record: "Sea weed" is not a botanical grown aboard a ship, for "smoking" purposes. :o Icon_twisted

I really do miss my ,"Salt Water" Sad There are those who compare Lake Michigan to the ocean....fresh water does not, an ocean make Sad
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
LOL.

ahhh, Lake Michigan... I miss it. Back in my youth I was a commercial diver/under water welder and worked for a time on Lake Michigan while living in the Kenosha/Racine area.

Ted
[Image: image.php?album_id=252&image_id=4622]

Ok, here is one of mine. No, he doesn't maglev but he is an RF multifunction rover capable of line following, obstacle avoidance or both at the same time based on a remote keyfob selection. He is based on a Super Simple Beginners Robot Arduino chassis that i used to produce. Motion by twin servos I modified for 360 degree rotation. Power is 7.4 volt LiPo with a 3000 mAh capacity. Brain is an Arduino UNO R2 and the sensors are forward IR distance and down IR for lines. Communication is RF via keyfob Tx Rx. Operation is fully autonomous.

Ted
Ok guys, don't laugh.... please. At least not too hard.

I don't own a train yet, no layout and I have never built an n scale building... but i knew my eventual set would need a depot. Shown below is my very early start. The foundation is 1/16 elm and the walls are shy 1/32 vg fir. It will be a Milwaukee Road 18' X 36' Depot when done. So far scale is spot on... lets see if I can maintain that.

The outer walls ahown are sub walls. I cut some tiny siding for finishing when all else is ready.

Yes i know no one will ever look inside at my agents office with little tiny counter... but I would know.

[Image: image.php?album_id=252&image_id=4625]

Wow, my phone takes crappy pics.

Ted
Icon_lol Icon_lol I can not see the pics Icon_lol Icon_lol

For some reason I can not see the pics you posted, not authorized to view them box comes up.

Lots of modelers model in sides of structures if they are in the foreground and highly visible.
AF350 Wrote:Icon_lol Icon_lol I can not see the pics Icon_lol Icon_lol

For some reason I can not see the pics you posted, not authorized to view them box comes up.

Lots of modelers model in sides of structures if they are in the foreground and highly visible.

Hey wow now I can see the pics 2285_ 2285_ :?

Cool bot.
Huhh, don't know why you couldn't see them....

Thanks on the bot.

Ted
TrippiN Wrote:Huhh, don't know why you couldn't see them....

Thanks on the bot.

Ted

Sometimes if you view with out signing in some pics do not show up, I logged in left the thread and then opened it back up and there they were(operator error on my part).

Good start on depot. I model in O, On30, S scale I also collect S, O and G trains.
Due to space limitations during a stem to stern remodel I am relegated to a 2x4 n layout. I plan an oval mainline and a five switchback logging shortline. One industry, a mill. Logs in, lumber out on the mainline. My grand ambition is total autonomous robotic operation of the shortline...

Ted
Test to see If I can see TrippiN pics
I found the secret on how to see TrippiN's pics. 2285_

Not only do you have to be logged in but you must post a reply and magically they reappear Icon_lol

Must be a permissions setting somewhere that is not right. :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Test 2 to confirm theory of pic posting?

Yes that is how it works, why I haven't a clue 24 35
Only a problem for you, I saw he pictures just fine.
Charlie
TrippiN,

I went searching for web sites about Ardunio microcontrollers and found one called IT e-books, downloaded 2 books in pdf form on the Ardunio , one on C++, and most useful to me at this point was a book on drawing for 3D printing with google sketch up which I have been using with mixed results the last book may fix my drawing rendering errors. 4 tech books in pdf for free they have tons more.

I do have actual books on microcontrollers, Pick axe, propeller and Ardunio. Seems like Ardunio is the standard format at this time. My 3d printer's brain I think is an Ardunio. MPJA catalog had an Ardunio based storage O scope that looked neat.

I have two Ardunio projects in mind that I would like to do some day:

1) A weather station that can detect and measure temp, light, air pressure, humidity and wind speed and direction, sounds simple enough but here is what I want to do the data from that weather station, I want it to interact with a text adventure game which I have not wrote yet where real world weather can change the state of the game environment adding realism and replayability.

2)I also want to make a automated lawn mower and snow blower(ok that actually 3 projects Icon_lol )