General electronics and or robots
AF350 has a new tech toy 2285_ It is a small handheld DSO(digital storage Oscilloscope) here are a few pics.

The blue trace is noise from a near by fluorescent desk lamp, the purple trace is a signal that was already in storage.

The actual size is some where between a credit card and a small smart phone.

What is the point/purpose of it?
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Very cool and very inexpensive! Comes from Shenzen... Thumbsup

Regarding MRR, this would be useful to view your DCC signal in operation,
check the actual pulse waveform on your PWM DC controller, etc. Prolly not for everybody
unless you have an interest in such things... Like the man said, another new toy!! Goldth Goldth
Cid
AF350 Wrote:AF350 has a new tech toy 2285_ It is a small handheld DSO(digital storage Oscilloscope) ...
What is the full name of brand and model? I can not find anything near here in Germany. All DSOs I find are much larger and cost more than 2500... That would be a great little thing. I remember my first oscilloscope with a tube and a max frequency of 5Mhz very well. I was so proud of it.

I got it
http://www.amazon.com/RioRand-DS201-PRO-...B00JRO7BUW $94.75 outstanding!
Reinhard
O'Scopes are test equipment and are more useful in some cases when trouble shooting then a meter as it shows more of what is going on then just a voltage or current reading. It can be used to look at a digital or analog signal in more depth.

Spoiler: Electronic geek info

This neat O' scope is built around an Ardunio microcontroller board. It also has a square wave out put as well.
faraway Wrote:
AF350 Wrote:AF350 has a new tech toy 2285_ It is a small handheld DSO(digital storage Oscilloscope) ...
What is the full name of brand and model? I can not find anything near here in Germany. All DSOs I find are much larger and cost more than 2500... That would be a great little thing. I remember my first oscilloscope with a tube and a max frequency of 5Mhz very well. I was so proud of it.

Try MPJA catalog (Marlin P. Jones Assoc.) do not know the name but there is a web site on the back of the scope

I removed the link that was on the back because I just tried it and got an alert that the website was malicious. Amazon was cheaper the MPJA wow.
Once I get my new keyboard completely functioning will post a pic of it here, it is a laser projection keyboard, being it projects a laser light keyboard on the desk surface and has a camera to capture what key you are touching and routs the info to the pc. The first time I seen one was on one of the CSI TV shows, they are meant to be used where environments are not safe for an ordinary keyboards such as labs where things can get spilled etc. I found a kit for one and have built it but having a time getting the calibration done right. I will need to read and reread the section on how to calibrate the silly thing. Icon_lol
Still working on the laser keyboard but here is a poor pic of the keyboard laser pattern.