Trains on this day in the past:
West bound through East Palestine, December 12, 1976. Gasoline was 57.9 cents a gallon.    

Charlie
Charlie B Wrote:.....Gasoline was 57.9 cents a gallon.

One reason some of us refer to those times as "the good old days". Gasoline here is currently $4.88 ($4.59U.S.) for the equivalent of one American gallon, or $5.70 for our former Imperial gallon. Curse

Wayne
No trains in this one, just a cold snowy December night in December, 1977 in the heart of beautiful downtown East Palestine.    
Merry Christmas.
Charlie
December, 1976 East Palestine, Ohio.    

Charlie
December, 1980. Still some power hanging around in basic black.
Leetonia, Ohio,    
Charlie
December 19, 1976 through East Palestine.      Charlie
That looks like it was a fine day Charlie! Thumbsup Smile
Ralph Wrote:That looks like it was a fine day Charlie! Thumbsup Smile
I wonder how I knew it was you when I got the email notification? Misngth
Charlie
You can still go bowling at this location today. The BAR locomotive was doing its job in December 1978 and didn't have time for bowling.
It is an interesting building though.    
Charlie
Heading home for the holidays, December, 1980. Smith crossover just west of East Palestine, Ohio    
Charlie
With the sun glare and smoke it looks like the unit is on fire! Eek
A photo from December 2010, already historical, since Metrolink has withdrawn its Bombardier cab cars:

Merry Christmas to all. December, 1972
About the only thing that ran on Christmas day around us was Amtrak, and that was in the wee hours, but there usually were trains running somewhere in the house.
       This is my oldest son and hs HO train. He got the PC passenger set, and the other kids each got their own too.
They all are still into the trains 41 years later.  I was just luck enough to find a PC passenger set on Ebay that will replace his that is just plain wore out.    
What a great set-up you guys had!! I had that PC passenger train...it was called the "Inner city" I believe. I still have the loco...now painted black and better labeled with the motor removed to make it a dummy...and I turned one of the cars into a shed/office for a yard. Nice memories in that pic, I'm sure! Thumbsup
I have been absent from this so here is one to start the New Year. Jan. 1, 1978 at New Castle, Pa chessie Yards.    
Charlie