Trains on this day in the past:
Anyone new coming to this post please feel free to join. It's free. and No ADS
I have many older pictures that I would like to share and I hope there are others here that will do like wise.  The excuse is to post photos from the same date in other years.  I hope we can enjoy this . Here are 3 from November 20, 1976 through East Palestine, Ohio             
From November, 1977 Amtrak Broadway Limited train 41 at the station in Canton, Ohio    
Charlie
What a great idea Charlie!

Wow, I took the Broadway Limited to Chicago in early September 1977 so I could eventually get to Iowa and attend my Freshman year of college!
This is a great thread,, just wish I had something to add.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
e-paw Wrote:This is a great thread,, just wish I had something to add.
A day in the past could be a year ago. I don't have exact dates on some of mine, just the month and year on some, so they will have to do when the exact day is unknown. It is still an excuse to post some older pictures.
If anyone is modeling a particular Conrail unit from late 1976 to 1979 and needs a picture let me know, If I have one I will be happy to email it or post it if I have it.
Charlie
Ralph Wrote:What a great idea Charlie!

Wow, I took the Broadway Limited to Chicago in early September 1977 so I could eventually get to Iowa and attend my Freshman year of college!
Most of the time #41 was through here at 12:30 AM. Only when it was very late could we get a picture. This particular picture was taken because I had been with a friend that was a crew dispatcher, and we knew it would be light enough to get some shots at the Canton station stop. Canton is 50 miles west of E Palestine, and no longer has a passenger train.
Charlie
Nov. 24, 1976 late night at the car lot.    
Charlie
The dreary days of November dwindle down as a black consist of Conrail handles a mail train headed for Conway, Pa    
4 month old Conrail Sd40-2 at the  Conway yards awaiting her next assignment the evening of November 26, 1977.    
Charlie
I got tied up taking a road trip to deliver a furkid I rescued to his fur-ever home, then there was the Thanksgiving diner to cook and eat.
Here is a picture of a train headed by an ALCO Century with two ex EL EMDs. The coal is probably bound for the Cleveland Power plant, it appears to be on the old PYA which runs along the Beaver and Mahoning Rivers. (the two center tracks) The location is what was known as Junction Stretch between New Brighton and Rochester, Pa. On the hillside in back the line that serviced the Marion Hill plants is barely visible.    

Charlie
My conductor (wife Mary) and me at New Castle, Pa 11 years ago for a Christmas train that benefited some of the local charities.    
Charlie
You've got some GREAT pictures..!! Thumbsup
Keep 'em coming..!!

A bit of nostalgia never hurt anybody... Wink
Gus (LC&P).
The Early Birds were still on track in December, 1978. Rochester, Pa    

Charlie
Great shot Charlie.. You wouldn't happen to know when the NYC started to paint the boxes that way???
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
The Early Bird Service started in 1954, I think, but I'm not sure if that's an original lettering scheme.

Wayne