Trains on this day in the past:
Steve, and everyone, there is a lot of information about the NYC here
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.canadasouthern.com/caso/NYC-MODELS-FREIGHT.htm">http://www.canadasouthern.com/caso/NYC- ... REIGHT.htm</a><!-- m -->
Charlie
Reading ALCO Century C424 at the service area At Conway. Dec, 1976.    
Charlie B Wrote:
e-paw Wrote:This is a great thread,, just wish I had something to add.
A day in the past could be a year ago. I don't have exact dates on some of mine, just the month and year on some, so they will have to do when the exact day is unknown. It is still an excuse to post some older pictures.
If anyone is modeling a particular Conrail unit from late 1976 to 1979 and needs a picture let me know, If I have one I will be happy to email it or post it if I have it.
Charlie

Well, I could use photos of Conrail GP18 7499, ex LV 305, and CR GP30 # 2168, ex RDG 3600.

And of course, as always, more electrics and commuter trains.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Dec 4, 1977  Conrail C30-7 at East Palestine.  Hard to believe these were new units 36 years ago.     Charlie
A typical December 1976 Morning at Rochester, Pa.     Charlie
Love the photos Charlie.
They bring back a lot of memories of home.
Ray Marinaccio
Near the end of the line for rail service to Chester, WV. December, 1978    

Charlie
December 7, 1977 Amtrak's Broadway Limited (train 41) westbound waiting for track at the old Smith crossover just west of East Palestine.  They are 7 and a half hours late at this point.    
Charlie
December 8, 2007, Kiski Junction Christmas train, Snow Dog Express. We did this to benefit the local animal shelter. The dog I have on lead is my pal Taff who died New Years day 2012. He came from the woods as a stray in 2004. He was a pure bred Samoyed.  We miss him very much. He was a great guy.         Charlie
A mixed freight heads for Enon Valley  at the McRoberts road crossing in Darlington Township Pa.
December 9, 1977    

Charlie
Charlie B Wrote:December 7, 1977 Amtrak's Broadway Limited (train 41) westbound waiting for track at the old Smith crossover just west of East Palestine. They are 7 and a half hours late at this point.
Charlie

Do you have any shots of the passenger car consist, or only of the locomotives? I'm trying to get some prototype combinations of cars to model trains like the Broadway Limited.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
A pair of GP-9s give a helping hand to an eastbound mixed freight. Dec. 10, 77    

Charlie
On a sunny December 11  in 1976 ALCO Century (C628) is on the service track at Conway, Pa      Charlie
Charlie---Great pictures (as always) from your outstanding and well-organized collection---I wish I could add some of my photos but the dates would be far from accurate
cn nutbar Wrote:Charlie---Great pictures (as always) from your outstanding and well-organized collection---I wish I could add some of my photos but the dates would be far from accurate

Close enough would be good, I didn't start this thread to monopolise it. :mrgreen:

Charlie