Thinking of getting power tools
What about a band saw instead of a scroll saw ?....there are various types of blades from coarse to fine .

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
I have a band saw, it is not near as easy to use as the scroll saw for small pieces. Most woodworking tools are pretty precise for building cabinets and things where a 1/64 error is only 1/64, not 1/64 times 87 in the HO scale Icon_lol
and that band saw blade is running pretty fast. My band saw is a Rigid brand and I like it for what I use it for, but that isn't very much.
Don't get me wrong, I think it would be great to have the right tools to do the jobs that I can't do with the tools I have, and If I was a younger guy, I would really think about getting them.

Charlie
You're right , the band saw blade is wider and probably won't do the tighter inside cuts like the scroll saw . I'm not sure at this point ...all the reading I've done on any lower priced scroll saws is not encouraging . Charlie , if your saw is quite old as you say , it was built at a time when things were built to last , be it tools , furnaces , appliances etc .......not the same now , unfortunately . I'm going to try to find a decent miniature table saw ( 4" blade variety ) which will help immensely on straight cuts . The other tools ( scroll saw etc. ) will have to wait . Dremel makes such a table saw as do a few others .

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
You will find lots of use for a table saw. You have built things that are really intricate so I look forward to seeing what you get accomplished.
Charlie
Multi speed Dremel, diamond cutting discs I use for cutting track. Can also be used for plastic bodywork if taken gently. A small Unimat lathe, bandsaw pillar drill. That'll do for now.
It's a good day when you wake up in the morning. It's not your problem if you don't.