Coffee mug auction
MasonJar Wrote:
ezdays Wrote:As far as your light bulb goes, that contract is out for bid and we should have an answer for you within the next 30 or so days. Misngth

Don't you need electricity before you can have the lightbulb? Big Grin

$40

Andrew

Not really, only if you want it to work would electricity be required.... 357 There's no guarantee that Ed would get both. Nope

Thank you for your bid, this auction is exciting to say the least...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
this needs a bump......
Ok. I'll bump it up to 41.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
42 and it's on the other side of the pond and still limited to coffee only at my home office Wink
Reinhard
We have a winner with a last minute bid of $42 by faraway.... We thank all that have bid. Not only is Reinhard getting a valued memento, but he has advanced the cause of Big Blue by helping to maintain these forums. Thank you kind sir, Mikey will be in touch with you to arrange payment and shipping. Cheers

We are so pleased with the response to this auction, that we just might do it again soon. 2285_
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_
Reinhard
Reinhard,
Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Worship Worship Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Big Grin
Many Thanks for you support,
Pete
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Congrats Reinhard!

As for other auctions, I'm all ears.

I would suggest some realistically weathered modern freight cars (box cars/gondolas etc) , even without the bigblue logo (or some subtle reference in applied graffiti perhaps) , I would bet those would fetch a premium ;-)
Not only would they look nice on a shelf, they would also be operated on a layout without looking unrealistic. What do you think?

Koos
Be sure to visit my model railroad blog at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.namrr.blogspot.com">http://www.namrr.blogspot.com</a><!-- m -->
torikoos Wrote:Congrats Reinhard!

As for other auctions, I'm all ears.

I would suggest some realistically weathered modern freight cars (box cars/gondolas etc) , even without the bigblue logo (or some subtle reference in applied graffiti perhaps) , I would bet those would fetch a premium ;-)
Not only would they look nice on a shelf, they would also be operated on a layout without looking unrealistic. What do you think?

Koos
We are open to any kind of auction that will attract bidders and make our members happy. Bear in mind though, the idea behind what we're doing right now is to celebrate our fifth anniversary as Big Blue. We've been doing things like this for a long time, we had both HO and N scale "Gauge" car tours a good ten years ago and we had the same "Big Blue anniversary car tours a few years ago. We'd like to get our forum logo on layouts and any other place we can, and this is one way of doing it.

Thank you for your idea, we'll keep it in mind for future auctions, I know it'll go over big when we do it. Thumbsup All we'll need is one of our master modelers to do justice to a car that we can auction off. We'll ask when we're ready. Big Grin
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Got a letter from the local customs office to come along, pay taxes and carry the mug home Big Grin Will be back on Monday with a photo.
Reinhard
faraway Wrote:Got a letter from the local customs office to come along, pay taxes and carry the mug home Big Grin Will be back on Monday with a photo.

That's cool. Glad it made it safe and sound Thumbsup .... (no rattling in the package I hope)
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Great News!! We'll be looking forward to seeing the picture Big Grin Big Grin
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
The mug "at work"
[Image: IMG_3125_zps7b766012.jpg]

and the preferred place during breaks. Elevated at the west window looking home Wink
[Image: IMG_3127_zps974e6092.jpg]

ps. The wrapping was perfect!
Reinhard
That's a great looking water tower for that building! Big Grin Big Grin

Glad it made it there in one piece too. Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Wow, that is one versatile coffee mug. A real keeper.... Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and