Attention!!!! A signed coffee mug auction
Charlie B Wrote:Can/will someone top my $22 bid?
Charlie

Nice play, but as the auctioneer, I'm obligated to look for higher bids. "Nothing personal, it's just business", says our chief enforcer, Michael Corleone.... 357

Seriously, we thank you all for your interest and support. This is our way of giving back just a little.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
$24 Cheers
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Tyson Rayles Wrote:$24 Cheers

Thank you, thank you.... Big Grin

Remember everyone, even if you don't use this mug for coffee or tea, it's a great place to hide some leftover Easter jelly beans or a half-dozen Peeps. 2285_
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Mike bid 24 in N gauge dollars, I will make it $25 from the HO modeler Goldth
Charlie
Charlie B Wrote:Mike bid 24 in N gauge dollars, I will make it $25 from the HO modeler Goldth
Charlie

I would think that HO dollars would be approximately twice what N scale dollars would be :ugeek: :ugeek: , but we'll accept a $25 bid in any scale dollars... 2285_

Thank you once again. Thumbsup Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
ezdays Wrote:
Charlie B Wrote:Mike bid 24 in N gauge dollars, I will make it $25 from the HO modeler Goldth
Charlie
I would think that HO dollars would be approximately twice what N scale dollars would be :ugeek: :ugeek: , but we'll accept a $25 bid in any scale dollars... 2285_ Thank you once again. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Icon_twisted N scale dollars, and HO scale dollars, are both "dollars" - - - - but you can get twice as many N scale dollars in the same size wallet :o Wink 357 357 357 - - - or, in the same size "envelope" Wink Wink
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Keep in mind my bid is $25. HO dollars would be 1/87 of $25 or about 28 cents Goldth wouldn't it?
Charlie
Charlie B Wrote:Keep in mind my bid is $25. HO dollars would be 1/87 of $25 or about 28 cents Goldth wouldn't it?
Charlie

No, no, you have it backwards. Since you bid in HO dollars, and HO scale is 1/87 of full scale, $25 HO dollars would be equivalent to....(drum roll please), $2,175 in full-scale dollars. Eek Eek

Lucky, like Mike, you didn't bid in N scale dollars, that would come to $4,000. Icon_lol I know some might think this one-off mug can skyrocket in price on eBay, but we'll just accept a reasonable bid at this time. So, we will overlook these calculations and assumptions and accept your bid of $25 in real, 1:1 US dollars. 2285_

Thank you Mike and Charlie, this auction is fun, but this kinda makes it even funner... Cheers
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
$26 in 1:1 dollars ! Popcornbeer
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Tyson Rayles Wrote:$26 in 1:1 dollars ! Popcornbeer

Wow!!!! you dodged a bullet on that one..... Thumbsup Thumbsup In today's world, it's best to be very specific. Icon_lol
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I know that we hadn't mentioned this before, but this mug comes with a certificate of authenticity, 2285_ certifying that the signatures upon it are indeed genuine. This will give you the paperwork trail you would need when you bring it into the Pawn Shop guys on TV, or get it appraised on Antique Roadshow... 357 357
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Will there be proof the certificate isn't a fake? Icon_lol
Charlie
Charlie B Wrote:Will there be proof the certificate isn't a fake? Icon_lol
Charlie

The certificate will be electronically signed, which is proof enough that the signatures have been hand-written by the same two people. Icon_lol An electronic signed document is admissible in court, so there's no reason for questioning its authenticity. Nope If there is still some doubt, we'll print out as many authentic certificates as need be............ 357 357
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
we'll print out as many authentic certificates as need be............ 357 357

....until we run out of ink. Icon_lol
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Are you going to auction off the authenticity certificates? Do they come with certificates of authenticity?

$27 it is
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.