First One
Go Big1 Wrote:As for what the little yellow doo-hicky is that the boys were standing in, I have no idea,...
Straight from Wikipedia...
A speeder (also known as railway motor car, putt-putt, track-maintenance car, crew car, jigger, trike, quad, trolley or inspection car) is a maintenance of way motorized vehicle formerly used on railroads around the world by track inspectors and work crews to move quickly to and from work sites.
Okay, this is the most recent one of me, Im not usually this hick looking. But my nickname is Hilljack, so I guess it is kinda fitting.

[Image: DSCN3526.jpg]
Kevin, leave it to the Minnesotan to stand outside in the snow with a sleeveless shirt on! From a fellow northerner, I love it. All those model railroaders from south of the Mason Dixon line are probably shivering in their boots just looking at your pic.

I'm sure it was warmer than it looked (maybe even above freezing!).
Mike

"Trust everyone, and always cut the cards".
W.C. Fields
Possibly we are shivering, just looking at that picture. However, we know better than go out like that in cold weather.
Nope Nope Eek Eek

Lynn
Whitehouse, Tx
NAW! I love the winter, Ill love it even more next year when Im 18, so I can get my commercial insurace and get into snow removal. There is BIG BUCKS to be made in there. Id take winter for 11 out of 12 months.

But yes, after being out for a while (never did get above freezing) I was cold.
Lynn... ah, thats nothing... I've gone out to the mailbox at the end of the driveway with shorts and a t-shirt on in sub 32 degree cold... amazingly the body adapts to it's "normal" surroundings quite well... now mind you, thats a mere 30 second trip outside, it would be silly to do it for any longer Smile

--Rob.
RobL Wrote:Lynn... ah, thats nothing... I've gone out to the mailbox at the end of the driveway with shorts and a t-shirt on in sub 32 degree cold... amazingly the body adapts to it's "normal" surroundings quite well... now mind you, thats a mere 30 second trip outside, it would be silly to do it for any longer Smile

--Rob.
About the same amount of time I try to spend going to the mailbox in June when it's 115 degrees out.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Hello Everyone---Greetings from the Great White North---Maybe if I stop buying trains,I could afford a snow-blower

[Image: snowstorm140207010.jpg]
All you guys with your snow! We have had 8" of snow total here in St. George this year and on the weather forecast they said that is approximately 8000% of normal! We are supposed to average .01" of snow a year. I was born in Minnesota and lived in Fargo, ND for a few years but I am definately NOT a snow person, snow is something I visit, not live in. 357
Scott
cn nutbar Wrote:Hello Everyone---Greetings from the Great White North---Maybe if I stop buying trains,I could afford a snow-blower

They do help alot.

Yea, exdays, when it gets that hot here, I cant do much. 219
Oh man, yeah! A snowblower is a quality of life issue around here!

Ralph
Ralph Wrote:Oh man, yeah! A snowblower is a quality of life issue around here!

Ralph

Yep, I have a John Deere, and boy does it make it go faster.
Two things we keep in the garage here in the winter.
The car and the snowblower.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
Every year I keep saying I'm going to get a snowblower...but I don't. I don't mind shoveling. I'm kinda sick in the head that way. :mrgreen:
Now if this doesn't give ya nightmares, nuthin' will!

This photo was featured on "America's Most Unwanted" three episodes running

I only know what I know, and I don't understand very much of it, either.
Member: AEA, American Legion, Lions Club International
Motto: "Essayons"