First One
Preparations for next exhibition in Dresden/Germany ...

[Image: A-Vorbereitungen-7k.JPG]

... and I'm on the left position, the senior member.

[Image: 309_20141_q72.jpg]

You do not believe me, what I have to say?
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
with all this snow time to think of summer and camping!
pic. of me and my better half, CFO of C&PRR
Dadbert
CEO C&PRR
Take the children out of the room!

Have your wife cover their eyes ... and hers, too (yes, even in the next room ... do you really want them to be up all night with nightmares?)

And the rest of you ... she's my daughter and probably too young for you!

Dad and Daughter Big Grin
[Image: JennaDad-Cropped.jpg]

When we were up in Philly last February to inter my mother, I had to treat her to a for REAL Philly Cheese Steak!

[Image: JennaDadPatsSteaksSouthPhilly3.jpg]

See! I told you to take the children out of the room and you didn't heed my warning ... now you'll be up all night with the poor terrorized little things!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol
Too Funny!!!!! Welcome aboard!!!! Smile Smile Smile Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Pat's??? What about Genos??? 24
Cheers,
Richard

T & A Layout Build http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic...=46&t=7191
When I was going to design school and living in Center City Philly, for exercise I used to take my 10-speed for a ten or fifteen mile ride around the city streets almost every night. I often stopped for a cheesesteak and a Coke towards the end of my ride. I'd tried both Pat's and Geno's (they are kitty-corner across the street from each other) and I preferred Pat's over Geno's (and that's always a heated debate in Philly!)

Pat's Steaks at South 9th St. and Passyunk Ave., southwest corner ... (Passyunk is the diagonal one on the right in both "fo-toes.")

[Image: PatsSteaks.jpg]

... And Geno's, right across the street, northeast corner ...

[Image: GenosSteaks.jpg]

So ... this one night in July, it's about 11:30 PM when I pull up in front of Pat's on my bright yellow 10-speed. The line is long, maybe 20 people or more in front of me ( the line goes all the way to the corner (see photo, the guy in the green shirt is ordering.) I get in line, I've been riding since 6:30, my legs are getting tired and I'm hungry, and my apartment is still about 17 blocks up 9th St. All of a sudden this big black Caddy limo pulls up to the curb, I turned to look (oh, Caddy limo ... don't stare ... this is South Philly, it's not healthy to stare at anything down here!) I turn back to watch the slowly moving line. I notice that as the line moves forward, so does the Caddy (it's "No Parking" right there ...) and the guy who got out of the Caddy, now standing behind me says, "Jesus! Busy tonight!" I said,"Yeah," turning as I spoke ... I tried not to show my surprize and shock! It was the "Chairman of the Board, " Frank Sinatra, standing in line, just like anybody else. That's another thing ... This is South Philly! I don't care who you are - you don't cut in line in South Philly!

But, yeah ... I prefer Pat's over Geno's.
biL

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
P5se Camelback Wrote:But, yeah ... I prefer Pat's over Geno's.
I gotta say, for the time it takes finding a parking spot either of the two are good enough for me
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
The parking situation is exactly why almost no one who lives in Center City has a car! And to rent a spot in a parking garage on a monthly basis will cost you as much as your apartment! Of course, there is the Broad Street Subway (major North/South) and the Market Street Subway (major East/West), trolleys (the east/west of which run underground through Center City) and bus lines (both with connections with subway and each other,) and "trackless trolleys" (electric busses with twin poles) in certain areasof the northeast. The #23 trolley line from southwest Philly to Chestnut Hill in the north is the longest trolley line in the country, if not the world. And then there's the EL, when the Market Street Subway emerges from the bowels of the city and runs west at one end to 69th Street Terminal in West Philly with connections with the former Philadelphia & Western (the "Punk and Wobbly"), an interurban with lines fanning out in about six or seven directions. And on the east end of Market Street, the El runs above the streets up to the Greater Northeast section of Philly.

If you can't get to where you're going using any of those transportation modes, take the transfer connections that get you relatively close to your destination and then hail a passing cab along the street or hop in one at the cab stand at the end of the line terminal.

When I lived in Center City, I used a ten-speed to get around (and you don't lock it up outside ... you take it inside with you!)
biL

P5se Camelback Wrote:And the rest of you ... she's my daughter and probably too young for you!

I'm 26. I think Amtrak can get me to Philadelphia by Wednesday afternoon... :mrgreen:
P5se Camelback Wrote:When I was going to design school and living in Center City Philly, for exercise I used to take my 10-speed for a ten or fifteen mile ride around the city streets almost every night. I often stopped for a cheesesteak and a Coke towards the end of my ride. I'd tried both Pat's and Geno's (they are kitty-corner across the street from each other) and I preferred Pat's over Geno's (and that's always a heated debate in Philly!)

Pat's Steaks at South 9th St. and Passyunk Ave., southwest corner ... (Passyunk is the diagonal one on the right in both "fo-toes.")

[Image: PatsSteaks.jpg]

... And Geno's, right across the street, northeast corner ...

[Image: GenosSteaks.jpg]

So ... this one night in July, it's about 11:30 PM when I pull up in front of Pat's on my bright yellow 10-speed. The line is long, maybe 20 people or more in front of me ( the line goes all the way to the corner (see photo, the guy in the green shirt is ordering.) I get in line, I've been riding since 6:30, my legs are getting tired and I'm hungry, and my apartment is still about 17 blocks up 9th St. All of a sudden this big black Caddy limo pulls up to the curb, I turned to look (oh, Caddy limo ... don't stare ... this is South Philly, it's not healthy to stare at anything down here!) I turn back to watch the slowly moving line. I notice that as the line moves forward, so does the Caddy (it's "No Parking" right there ...) and the guy who got out of the Caddy, now standing behind me says, "Jesus! Busy tonight!" I said,"Yeah," turning as I spoke ... I tried not to show my surprize and shock! It was the "Chairman of the Board, " Frank Sinatra, standing in line, just like anybody else. That's another thing ... This is South Philly! I don't care who you are - you don't cut in line in South Philly!

But, yeah ... I prefer Pat's over Geno's.

I understand what your saying but i worked and traveled around there for quite a bit amd Genos rules over pats
Hello...

I'm Markus from Berlin/Germany (age 40), I (try to) model N-scale, mostly Conrail in it's last 12 years. The pic shows me at Folkstone,GA Railfanpark on a hot day after several hours driving from Santee,SC (it was our 2010 USA-vacation)

[Image: p103004301.jpg]
Conrail-Markus
Welcome

Glad to have you here at Big Blue, hope you enjoy your stay!
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
Glad you could join us Markus!
Ralph
Welcome to the gang.... Welcome

You look suitably relaxed...Hhmmm...Oreos... 357
Gus (LC&P).
Thank you all for the welome :-)
Conrail-Markus