The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!!
sir james Wrote:I gotta find some help for my lawn needs, got an assortment of weeds and Weed B Gone is not working.
You might want to try Brush B Gone. I've used it on stubborn weeds, briars, poison oak, poison ivy and poison sumac with a high degree of success. It's also quite effective on mimosa trees which are considered weeds here.
15 year veteran fire fighter
Collector of Apple //e's

Beatus homo qui invenit sapientiam
Good afternoon, had an early morning dental appointment today, then have to take father to funeral home this evening to visit, a former boss passed away from one of his bakery jobs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Win 8 has some funky anomileis, Adobie XI quit working on me due to a DDE or DEE server error had to "refresh" the computer now all is fine. Then my DSL cable modem lost its IP address tempoarily Eek 35 Icon_lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have my work schedule, for next week 2nd shift Sunday and then off till next Saturday 1st shift Big Grin

More then likely no train activity today, have some reading to do as I got some new magazines the other day, NMRA, Model Railroader and a trial issue of Garden railroads and OGR.
Not a single storm around here this morning yet the power went out for three and a half hours.

My father got the new RV home OK yesterday. He found out rather quickly that he'd have to have some surgery performed on the RV garage to get it in there. So this morning he had my nieces husband go up on top of the RV and remove a piece of trim and the two 2x6's that were holding it. With that out of the way it fit just fine. The garage now has a storm in it. One minor thing was with the power out there was no power for the tools he was using. So they fired up the RV's genny and they had power for the tools.

I went down to lend a hand and to wait on my nurse. Our phones don't work without power so I was just hoping she'd come out anyway. Well the power came back on just as we were wrapping out there and the nurse called about thirty minutes later. She changed out the wound vac dressing and went on her merry way. I was going to go back home but my van didn't want to start. So I let it sit for another hour while I took the opportunity to check out the forums I frequent, six in all and eBay to see if I had any messages there. A little over an hour later I tried starting the van and it fired up with no problem. For some reason it won't start when the engine is hot. It has to cool down to the temp of water from my water heater which is about a hundred degrees. No hard cranking, it just won't start. Once it cools down it starts right up.
Collector of Apple //e's

Gang, I'm buying something named RANGER. Spray the shooting lanes in the woods. Only draw back is, after two years, nothing grows there. It will also spread down hill if it rains a lot after spraying. Even if dried in. So, leaves a big boarder when sprayed.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
When I sprayed at the railroad I was using a 1 percent 2-4D To 99 percent water. It kills a little slower, but only kills broad leaf and gets to the deep roots better. Once the grasses come you don't have such a problem and don't have to spray as often. Don't overdo it the spray and don't mix it more than the 1 percent. Allow the plant to live long enough to get the stuff to the roots. Be sure to do it again in the fall about 2 weeks before the first frost.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/lv-400-24-d-1-gal?cm_vc=-10005">http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/l ... _vc=-10005</a><!-- m --> $39.95 a gallon (makes 128 gallon of spray) or they also have 2.5 gallons for $79.99 or a quart for 20 bucks. I was fighting Knotweed and other obnoxious plants and I got control of it. The pros come in with roundup and kill everything, and the first thing back was the broadleafs, good grass keeps the broadleaf at bay.
Charlie
Hasn't been a busy day but there's been a bit to do. Most of it I posted earlier. I may have found the problem that's not letting my van start when the engine is hot. A member of another forum suggested it may be the ballast resistor. I took it off and looked at it. Doesn't appear to be any damage to it but you never know. That fine coiled wire in it could break contact when it gets hot. I'll get a new one as soon as I can and change it out. It could explain a few burned out ignition coils.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010046.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6490.jpg]
Collector of Apple //e's

I had to send my Powercab in to NCE for repair and I was worried it was going to be expensive to fix it or that it was going to be a total loss. I sent the unit in about two weeks ago and had not heard anything from them. I called NCE earlier this week to make sure they received it and was told the repair department was way behind -- it would probably be another two or three weeks before they even got to mine. I understand things happen, so life goes on. I admit I was a little bummed. However, I got a surprise today from UPS - a box from NCE with my Powercab! It was fixed and upgraded at no cost! Thanks NCE!!!!! You guys made my weekend!

Chuck
Detroit Connecting
We are your
inner-city connection.
Morning all just a quick jump threw getting ready to go to the Flea market for my last weekend as a seller for a while anyway. Hope all have a good weekend there calling for rain most of it here. talk to you all later [/size]
WARNING This veteran is medicated for your protection

visit my web page <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://rtssite.shutterfly.com/">http://rtssite.shutterfly.com/</a><!-- m --> also <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.donnasgrannysattic.com">http://www.donnasgrannysattic.com</a><!-- m -->
Morning. Cloudy and a chance of showers. Hand is doing better than back [still not doing good].

Did pull a "poor wounded hand" on neighbor Grady [the one who uses all my power equipment and gas. Also one of the ones I mow his grass for free]. Since he used my big tiller and my gas to till his garden, he is tilling the middles of my garden [full of grass from the rains]. 357

RT, good luck on good finds.

Going to Hunters Haven [gun store] to see the "kids". Later, take the Wifey on errands [think Red Robin is in store].

Later
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Good morning. It's 76° with 97% humidity. The high will be 85°. There's a better than fair chance of rain.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond60.jpg]

Didn't get to sleep until about 3am because of my back pain and it was the first thing I was aware of upon awakening. If it keeps up like this I'm gonna have to get it checked out.

Not much planned other than watching movies and playing 'prehistoric' (as my friend David calls them) computer games (he plays them too so he's not one to talk). I'm sure something else will come up. It always does.

[Image: P1010030.jpg]

[Image: squirellmassage1.gif]
Collector of Apple //e's

Good morning Blue
We have sun and 75 degrees, hi of 83 today.
Thanks for the weed advice guys, Kev I mix my own W-B-G, mixed an OD yesterday will see what that does.
Next time I'm at the box I will look for Amine.
A wedding yesterday evening, a cookout tomorrow so this is an in between day.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Greetings, gang.

Rainy and 66 this morning outside my window. High for today is supposed to be in the low to mid 80s with more rain.

Yesterday I did manage to get the yard mowed before it started raining. The small string trimmer wouldn't work though. I had to use the big one which is not as maneuverable. The small one is now laying on my work bench awaiting attention.

Scraping and caulking are the primary activities on the agenda for today as we prepare one of the spare rooms for painting. I also need to put the new handles on a dresser that I have repainted.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good morning everyone, I hope your weekend is going well for you and yours. Spent a couple of hours shooting in the desert yesterday. We were off by around 6:00, had breakfast on the way and was shooting before 7:30. It was still in the mid 90's when we quit. The guns were getting too hot to touch. We use plastic bottles as targets and put water in them for ballast. The water was scalding hot by the time we picked them up, which is always a clue to get out of the sun and head home. We're still having a difficult time getting .22 ammunition. There is a smartphone app that people use to tell if a particular Walmart is going to have any. If there's a line by the sports counter anytime before 7:00 AM, you can be sure they're going to have some. They say that people are waiting as early as 1:00 AM just to be first in line. I can use the ammo, just not bad enough to wait six hours for the sporting department to open. Nope
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Good morning. It's 77° with 96% humidity. The high will be 92°. There's a small chance of showers and thunderstorms.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond20.jpg]

After sign-off last night I finished changing out the keys on the //e. Most of the keys from a 2064 will fit on a 2128. One of the shift keys needed a little trimmed off one end. The keys on the main keyboard that were nontransferable were Tab, Caps Lock,Open-Apple/Command, Delete, Space and Return. All the others were 100% interchangeable with the exception of the Left Shift key which as I said needed a minor alteration.
[Image: DSCN6573.jpg]

As for the days plan, more movies and computer games. I'm sure something else will come up. Maybe I can organize my DVD's alphabetically or maybe by genre or maybe alphabetically by genre.

[Image: P1010002-24.jpg]
Collector of Apple //e's

Good Morning Blue
A very humid 79 right now. Hi 80s for the day. 92 yesterday pm.
We have an afternoon cookout today at church friends house, never been there, hope they have some shade.
Humid heat is uncomfortable but it beats Any winter day.
A chat with Brutus last night till bed time. No news from the train store.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)