Lurker no more
Hi Guys!

A bit about me:
I live in Denmark, I'm 37, I Work in the Royal Danish Navy, and currently I am attending petty officer school.
I have spent quite some time as an anonymous guest here, and I figured it was time to actually sign up.

Modelling wise... I am getting out of N scale and I have started Building a mirrored version of Mr. Mindheim's Palmetto spur - in Ho.

Martin
Gumpoleon Wrote:Hi Guys!

A bit about me:
I live in Denmark, I'm 37, I Work in the Royal Danish Navy, and currently I am attending petty officer school.
I have spent quite some time as an anonymous guest here, and I figured it was time to actually sign up.

Modelling wise... I am getting out of N scale and I have started Building a mirrored version of Mr. Mindheim's Palmetto spur - in Ho.

Martin

Well, welcome out of the shadows. Welcome We're glad you have been lurking here, but more excited that you've registered so we can talk to you and see what you're up to. And, as we never fail to mention, we do love photos, so be sure to include us in how you are progressing. Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Afternoon. Busy day . 2 miles at 6:30 AM. Meetings since. Home to let dogs in and out. Town Board tonight. Phone will not stop either.

Later
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Thanks Ezdays, Eagle.

I was wondering, can I post Photos directly to the forum, or do I need to upload them to a seperate server (like flickr)?
Hello Martin Welcome Welcome and happy to have you aboard ! Cheers Cheers
Good to see another Navy man aboard, I'm a retired U.S. Navy CPO now. That 21 years was a "learning experience", every day of it.
Looking forward to seeing your work, in whatever scale. Having started in N scale, HO will seem too large, but you won't have problems adding the "smaller details". Goldth Goldth Cheers
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Welcome aboard. Welcome
Sumpter250 Wrote:Hello Martin Welcome Welcome and happy to have you aboard ! Cheers Cheers
Good to see another Navy man aboard, I'm a retired U.S. Navy CPO now. That 21 years was a "learning experience", every day of it.
... Goldth Goldth Cheers
switcher1 Wrote:Welcome aboard. Welcome

Not being a Navy man, but I've seen enough movies to know that someone should be piping this lad aboard... :hey: 2285_
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Welcome Gumpoleon/Martin.
I would pipe you aboard but in my haste I swallowed my whistle.
The closest I got to Navy was a tour aboard HMAS Ipswitch Fremantle Class Patrol Boat after taking some of the crew on a tour of Kakadu, while 'the Witch' was laid up in dry dock in Darwin during Kangaroo '89, having broken one of her diesel engines. I was there as an Army Reservist signaller on exercise.
They dont taste very good, not recommending that one.

Denmark has a special place in this Aussies heart. Its the home of Lego. My sister went to Denmark on Rotary Student Exchange back in 1990, and of course your Princess Mary is an Aussie lass.

Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More
Busy day for me. Still one more meeting. Home to gobble down meatloaf. Then run to Town Board. Wallbang
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Glad you could join us Martin!
Gumpoleon Wrote:Thanks Ezdays, Eagle.

I was wondering, can I post Photos directly to the forum, or do I need to upload them to a seperate server (like flickr)?

You can upload directly by clicking "upload attachment" at the bottom and then following directions.
There is a limit on photo size, which I've forgotten.

And welcome.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Gumpoleon Wrote:Thanks Ezdays, Eagle.

Somehow I missed this. You can do either. If you link to a photo site, your pictures will be resized to fit the screen. You can upload from you computer by clicking on the "Upload attachment" tab at the bottom of your screen. The maximum file size is set at 250K, but I've found that you can post very detailed photos in the 150K range with a resolution of 800 x 600 or even as low as 640 x 480 pixels. The lower the better since some people with slower connections tend to just move on if a photo is too big and takes too long to view. And we have set a maximum of five photos per post if you do upload them directly. You can also put your photos in our gallery and link to them there.

Just so many options... 2285_
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and