Recent Celebrity Deaths
Both Robin Williams and the immortal Lauren Bacall have passed away.
Yes, it is hard to escape the headlines these past few days, and I guess for some they grieve silently and in their own way. For us, we have many movies that we will continue to enjoy such as, "Hook", "Popeye", "RV", "Happy Feet", "Aladdin", and others. Finding older movies on DVD is nearly impossible, but there are a few. You can be sure that one of the older movie channels will have a Bacall marathon so everyone has a chance to see these films. This is their legacy so that no one will forget.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Add Sir Richard Attenborough to the list.
.......not to mention Bruce Jenner Eek Goldth .....I said don't mention it !
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
Were these show biz folks mode RRers? Is not why mention them here as it's already been on the mass media & of course Facebook & Twitter.
Andy Jackson
Santa Fe Springs CA
ATSF/LAJ Ry Fan & Modeler
lajry Wrote:Were these show biz folks mode RRers? Is not why mention them here as it's already been on the mass media & of course Facebook & Twitter.

I'm going to leave the final decision to the administrators, however the "lower Berth" is the forum for anything non train related.

That said, it would be closer to the truth to state that Bruce was........KITBASHED to Caitlyn . Icon_twisted Icon_twisted

Some parts removed, some parts modified, some new parts added, and a new "paint scheme". :o sounds like a kitbash to me. :o Wink :o
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Yes, since Model RR's do have diversified interests, that is the reason for the Lower Berth... Anything within reason can be posted here..

Chuckling at the Caitlin "Kitbash" Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Yeah ....just about spit out my mouthful of coffee on that one ! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
teejay Wrote:Yeah ....just about spit out my mouthful of coffee on that one ! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
<<Scotty Voice>> Ahooo Captin!! We Dinna Want to waste Daa Coffee!!!!! Smile Big Grin Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Yeah, Kitbashed. Thats about the only way to describe it. Nope A very poor kitbash at that.
He should have gone to Brazil, the surgeons there can make a man into a very HOT looking woman. Confusedhock:
I'm not saying how or where I know, but trust me they can really build a man into a woman. Icon_lol
The way Caitlin looks at the moment is like a Hollywood movie drag scene. Nope

Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More
And now we mourn the passing of the indomintable Maureen O'Hara.
Yeah, I just read the article about her a few minutes ago.
John Wayne said "he usually liked hanging around with guys, and Maureen O'Hara"
"She's a great guy"
He should know as he did around 5 films where she co-starred with him.
She was also described as the "Queen of Technicolor" as the camera just loved her pale Irish skin, her emerald eyes and her flame red hair.
Mark
Strange, my computer questioned the spelling of Technicolor or colour depending upon where you grew up, but you would have thought that Technicolor would have been in its dictionary, not some other stupid suggestions, I mean technicolour has been with us since the '30's at least.
'puters Wallbang
Technicolor, in my Canadian dictionary, is described as a proprietary process of colour cinematography (note the two different spellings of color/colour.) Given the description, and the fact that the process was invented in Boston, the version with the missing "u" is correct, as it's an American tradename. Those of us who are mindful of our spelling know that our American friends often overlook some of the niceties of proper spelling, and I suggest that we simply look away and carry on. Icon_lol Crazy Misngth Misngth

Wayne
You would think that a country with a great big "U" in its name would want to put U's everywhere, then again it maybe related to a cost saving issue from the days of type-setting.
If you go putting a big "U" in your name, you'll need to save some $ on putting "U"s elsewhere.
I think that looking the other way, may very well have resulted in this spelling problem today. If someone had given that first person to drop a "U" from colour, a very sharp rap over the knuckles and a severe tongue lashing, we might not be in this conundrum today. dumb1:
Mark
Icon_twisted Icon_twisted Maybe it's the rebellious nature of Americans to want to be rid of "U" Wink 357 Icon_lol Wink
Actually, I have seen both spellings used, it depends on what the intended "target audience" is........... Cheers We are a multi culture people here, and a lot of what makes up the "American Language" comes from the rich lingual heritages of all who have come here, to be part of this great nation .
OK, I am retired U.S. Navy, and put my life on the line defending our freedoms.....so I can, at times become a bit defensive.
Besides, I am still chuckling over the "kit bash of Bruce".
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!