BOeC layout
Syl,

Enjoyed the additional photos of your layout. I really admire the work you have done on the scenery and weathering of your rolling stock.

Bruce
Always nice to see another Canadian layout---especially such an impressive one Thumbsup
That is some impressive photography of a masterful layout. I did a double take on several of the pictures to make sure I was looking at a model, not prototype. Well done! Thumbsup Thumbsup

Andrew
Some very impressive weathering there! great photos too! thanks for sharing! Smile
Extremely well done! I'm working on modeling a piece of the Leithton Sub (ex-EJE) in Chicago ; it's nice to see a CN layout although one of the reasons I'm doing Leithton is I see a wide variety of power (CN, BNSF, NS, UP and even CP) there.

I really like those backdrops. I'll have to look into what Scenic King offers. Keep the pictures coming!
Hi,
again a great set of photos of an fantastic layout.The weathering and detailing is outstanding....

It looks so real......and I could smell the smoke koming out of the window of that old white Mercedes van....I remember those van´s running on the streets and from time to time you can see them....some very nice restored....

More pictures,please...

Cheers,Chris
Building the BC-Rail Dawson Creek Subdivision in H0 scale http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=7835
Quote:Syl,

Enjoyed the additional photos of your layout. I really admire the work you have done on the scenery and weathering of your rolling stock.

Bruce

Hi Bruce. Thank you very much. That is very kind.
Quote: cn nutbar » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:08 pm

Always nice to see another Canadian layout---especially such an impressive

Thank you very much. Yes there 's quite a lot of variety in modeling Canadian scene/area/location.
Quote: That is some impressive photography of a masterful layout. I did a double take on several of the pictures to make sure I was looking at a model, not prototype. Well done!
Andrew

Thank you very much Andrew that is very kind indeed.

Quote: Painkiller » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:13 am
Some very impressive weathering there! great photos too! thanks for sharing!

My pleasure Painkiller. Thanks for the comment, I appreciate it.

Quote: by jcj380 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:35 am
Extremely well done! I'm working on modeling a piece of the Leithton Sub (ex-EJE) in Chicago ; it's nice to see a CN layout although one of the reasons I'm doing Leithton is I see a wide variety of power (CN, BNSF, NS, UP and even CP) there.

I really like those backdrops. I'll have to look into what Scenic King offers. Keep the pictures coming!
jcj380
Switchman

Hi jcj380. Leighton Sub: That will be a busy place. That is very good. You'll have some intechange as well from CN and CP . Cool!

Thanks for the comment . Yes the backdrop works nicely for me.

Quote: Hi,
again a great set of photos of an fantastic layout.The weathering and detailing is outstanding....
It looks so real......and I could smell the smoke koming out of the window of that old white Mercedes van....I remember those van´s running on the streets and from time to time you can see them....some very nice restored....

More pictures,please...

Cheers,Chris

Hi Chris. Thank you for the kind comment. Haha me too (Smell the smoke out of the van!)
Nothing earth shattering at the moment or in the foreseeable future!
I‘ve been doing some light and not so light weathering on some old rolling stock.
Maybe it’s worth a shot to give them a second chance.

This one fall into the “good enough 3-foot rule” type of weathering

[Image: Patine%20wagon%20cerealier%201.jpg]

[Image: Patine%20wagon%20cerealier%202.jpg]

I used acrylic, gouache, oil paint and watercolour pencils.

Fine-tuning Drummondville before final layer of scenery etc.
Backdrop [building] positioning to see how it looks. Not permanent at this point

[Image: Drummondville%20debut%201.jpg]

quick shot of the yet to be finish Drummondville segement

[Image: Drummondville%20debut%203.jpg]
..and beginning of the following segment the A20. Track is in place and highway right of way is roughed in and backdrop installed.
Next weather the rails and ties, make lots of trees, telephone pole, highway and ancillary accessories etc.

[Image: A20.jpg]

That is it for now

Cheers
That is a beautiful layout and very good weathered engines and cars Thumbsup
Reinhard
Syl,

Any updates on your layout?

Bruce
Quote:yl,

Any updates on your layout?

Bruce

Hi Bruce. Sorry I've been busy and all kind of excuses of the sort Wallbang !
So without further ado let me post a few pics.

And a Happy New Yyear to you and yours Bruce

[Image: 2014118123447_Rouille%203.jpg]

[Image: 2014118123436_Rouille%202.jpg]

[Image: 2014118123424_Rouille%201.jpg]