Holiday logo
Just in case you haven't noticed, the Big Blue logo at the top of the page here has been changed for the holiday. Santa is driving the steam engine accompanied by Thomas. Just our way of keep up with the holiday season.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Neat logo..!!
Thanks for the update... Thumbsup
Gus (LC&P).
Nice logo Don! Cheers Thumbsup Cheers
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Worship Smile Works for me Smile Worship Cheers Cheers
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Thanks, in case you all forgot, this is what our standard logo looks like. We've temporarily replaced the diesel and steam engines with Santa and Thomas. Our old logo will return after the first of the year.

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Glad you all appreciate the effort that Don put into designing both of these logos!!!!
I sure do! Big Grin

THANKS again Don!!!! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Well done , guys , looks good .

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
Nice and festive Thumbsup
Stephen 

Modeling a freelanced, present day short line set in Nova Scotia, Canada. 

https://bigbluetrains.com/showthread.php?tid=9643
Er Don you had better do some more research on Thomas The Tank Engine who is blue and his friend James is the red engine.
Much prefer the "old" T T T E episodes with real model engines voiced over by former Beatle Ringo Starr. The CGI stuff is just crap IMHO.
Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More
Mr Fixit Wrote:Er Don you had better do some more research on Thomas The Tank Engine who is blue and his friend James is the red engine.
Much prefer the "old" T T T E episodes with real model engines voiced over by former Beatle Ringo Starr. The CGI stuff is just crap IMHO.
Mark
Someone's a fan. Or has kids.
Good thing I read further down. I was just going to mention that, but I didn't know the name of the red loco.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
Mr Fixit Wrote:Er Don you had better do some more research on Thomas The Tank Engine who is blue and his friend James is the red engine.
Mark

Well, you can call it "flying blind" if you want. Icon_lol I've never seen a TV episode with Thomas in it, nor have I ever seen a movie or read a book about Thomas. Nope Remember, our kids were well into adulthood when Thomas came around. I just went on faith that Thomas could be red, blue or any other color. My bad, but don't expect me to do any research beyond what you've said since I do believe you. Big Grin

Let's just say that James now graces our holiday logo, I'm OK with that solution... Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
OK, I caved in and checked out Thomas. The thing is, he has LOTS of friends, LOTS..... Eek

Yup, James is indeed red, Stephen is yellow, but both Henry and Percy seem to be green. They could be twins since Thomas has an abundance of twin friends. :? I find that Conner is a blue diesel and Spenser is a silver one, while I'd have a problem with Edward since I think he's also blue. There are many more, too many to list here, but I'm glad that my mistake was pointed out, I'll consult with my grandkids before posting anything like this again. :oops:
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
My friend Dave says that at shows a mother will say, "Look. There's Thomas." and the son will say, "No, Mother, that's Gordon." (or Edward, or ...)

Your kids may be too old for Thomas, but you're not.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
BR60103 Wrote:My friend Dave says that at shows a mother will say, "Look. There's Thomas." and the son will say, "No, Mother, that's Gordon." (or Edward, or ...)

Your kids may be too old for Thomas, but you're not.

Maybe its better to make the mistake here with us Don, than have your grand kids learn about your mistake as they will probably never let you live it down.

Yes I do have a 10 year old boy and he does like some trains but not Thomas, he prefers those gravity defying locomotives from Chuggington [groan].
Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More