Anybody playing Minecraft ?
I've just read about this game and find the description interesting . I'm not a multi-player guy , so would possibly look into it for PS3 .

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
You should be able to download it for free for your puter. I tried it once but didn't care for the graphics, too crude.
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
I've seen it - seems to be popular with the pre-teen boys. Couldn't quite figure it out myself.
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Since we all like building things , it was my understanding that was the theme ..didn't know it was for kids . Nope

T
My daughter plays, and I have a friend who is very enthusiastic about it too. There are a couple of different including one where you need to fight monsters and eat and are subject to the laws of physics. Other modes let you do whatever you want, so it's kind of like an unlimited world of Lego. You can build pretty much whatever you want - there have been some pretty impressive structures built. At my daughter's school, one student even 3D-printed a cathedral she had "built" in Minecraft.

Hope that helps.

Andrew
Appreciate the comments , guess I'll pass on this one . Mike , you still into AoE ?? It didn't grab me .
T. I don't know which version you tried. I like A of E II. But I also play a lot of Civilization III, Stronghold Crusader and Baseball Mogul. Warning: A of E has screwed up graphics on anything newer than Win 2000. All the rest work fine on Win 7, I don't know how they will play on Win 8. I didn't care for A of E III or Civ IV.
Mike

I wouldn't necessarily pass on it yet. If it's a free download give it a try. I recently inherited an XBox 360 from my grandson and one of my favorite games is Cars, a racing game. It's simple, fast, and fun. Makes for a quick stress reliever.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Mike , I don't very much "free downloading " of anything ...a little leery I guess...can you suggest a particular A of E ? Maybe what you used ? ( A of E ii )

Thanks , T
Terry A of E II was released in 99 I think. So the only way you could get it today would be to find it in bargain bin at Target or Wally World. But if you are running Vista or anything newer I wouldn't bother. Those other games were also from the late 90's to very earlier 2000's. What are you looking for in a game? Btw I keep a desktop with Win2000 on it for such occasions. Seems like the oldies are the goldies.
Mike

Mike , I did a Wikipedia on the game a couple of weeks ago and , it appears ,I mistakenly thought there were several expansions fro the late 90's versions of A of E . You asked what I like , I prefer the "sandbox " roaming styles of Grand Theft Auto ....number V is even better than IV ....and thought that Mincraft and similar games would offer that in a different environment than exists in the various GTA's . I'm still looking Misngth

T
The only auto sim/game I have is Nascar 3 by Paprus. After they released Nascar 4 they were bought out by EA Sports which seems to dumb down their games so if you are lousy at it you can still win which was the reason that the entire staff quit and the project went belly up. You can only go on pit road and the race track but you can just sit there and hot lap til drop. 2285_ They have about 20 tracks and you play as one of the real drivers or form your own team and paint and number and create your own sponsors. You can also race a complete season if you want. There is a sandbox mode for Stronghold but you will still have to build the world your self. I don't know if any of the Nascar series of games will play on a newer computer though but Stronghold will.
Mike

The only auto sim/game I have is Nascar 3 by Paprus. After they released Nascar 4 they were bought out by EA Sports which seems to dumb down their games so if you are lousy at it you can still win which was the reason that the entire staff quit and the project went belly
----------------------------------------------------------
Mike,Those are old timey NASCAR games..Enjoy the graphics of the newer EA Sports NASCAR games..

NASCAR 2014 is a royal pain.You need to plan your race.. As a example..Do you splash and go,one or two cans with two tires or make a full pit on the last green pit?

EA makes interesting roll playing games as well.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
"NASCAR 2014 is a royal pain.You need to plan your race.. As a example..Do you splash and go,one or two cans with two tires or make a full pit on the last green pit?"

Sorry Larry but you can do all that and more in NASCAR 3. You can put gas in one gallon at a time if you wish, adjust your tire pressures one pound at a time if you want, make numerous chassis adjustments, take only 1,2,3 or 4 tires on a pit stop, do body repairs or not, and so on and so forth. I tried EA and while the graphics are a little better the sim is too dumbed down to be challenging.
Just my experience your mileage may vary! Eek Misngth
Mike

Mike,I still have several of my old PS1 NASCAR games that is playable on my PS2 and I still enjoy playing those oldies..

I prefer the better PS2 and PS3 NASCAR games.

However.

I really prefer roll playing games like Final Fantasy series and Dragon Age series more then racing but,NASCAR is a change of pace.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!