Anybody playing Minecraft ?
Larry I really can't comment on console games as I don't play them but from what friends who did have told me I would have been disappointed in them. They say todays consoles are way better than the old ones so maybe now they can come close to the PC games. However I already have two PC's so I'm not spending $$$$$ on a console too. Eek
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Tyson Rayles Wrote:Larry I really can't comment on console games as I don't play them but from what friends who did have told me I would have been disappointed in them. They say todays consoles are way better than the old ones so maybe now they can come close to the PC games. However I already have two PC's so I'm not spending $$$$$ on a console too. Eek

Mike,The consol prices is about the same as some HO locomotives and both offers hours of play value.Video games can be had for the same price as a quality freight car unless you do like I do and buy use games at the fraction of the cost.

The graphics is about the same between computer and newer PS4 and Xbox 1..I know my son keeps telling me the computer graphics is better then either system but,I can't see it but,what do you expect out of a Play Station fanboy? as my grandson calls me. Icon_lol
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Tyson ? HO locos ? Goldth Goldth Goldth Goldth Goldth
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
teejay Wrote:Tyson ? HO locos ? Goldth Goldth Goldth Goldth Goldth

Yes,I had to use HO since the ( N )ormal size locomotives doesn't cost as much as their Horribly Oversized brothers.. Confusedhock:
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

teejay Wrote:Tyson ? HO locos ? Goldth Goldth Goldth Goldth Goldth

What is this HO you all speak of ????? Icon_lol

Larry it's not a graphics issue for me, console gameplay doesn't have the depth of the PC games.
Mike

Mike, A lot of RPGs has very deep depth in their story line with twist and turns and like Final Fantasy 10 and 12.Dragon Age Origins has several twists and turns as the story line unfolds.

My passion for roll playing gaming started with a innocent game of Final Fantasy 1 on my son's NES back in '90 ..Curse or a second hobby? :o
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Probably a second hobby Larry. BTW marriage broke me of role playing games! Icon_lol Eek Nope Icon_lol
Mike

Tyson Rayles Wrote:Probably a second hobby Larry. BTW marriage broke me of role playing games! Icon_lol Eek Nope Icon_lol

I use to engage in a RPG just to escape from the old lady. Icon_lol Icon_lol
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Brakie Wrote:
Tyson Rayles Wrote:Probably a second hobby Larry. BTW marriage broke me of role playing games! Icon_lol Eek Nope Icon_lol

I use to engage in a RPG just to escape from the old lady. Icon_lol Icon_lol

You'd best not take her to see "50 Shades of Grey" then 35
shortliner Wrote:You'd best not take her to see "50 Shades of Grey" then 35

Think I'll pass on that. My wife left this world 23 years ago..No walking dead here please. 357
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

I have this game on my iPad because of my two sons and I have become seriously addicted to it. It has two modes, survival, and creative. I feel creative is pretty much cheating because you don't have to earn anything or avoid monsters to stay alive. Survival is much more interesting as you have to earn items and slowly add them to your inventory. Once you find the resources, you can pretty much build whatever you can imagine. My wife says it appeals to something in the male psyche similar to my addiction to trains.
I never did go for it ...stuck, hopelessly, in Grand Theft Auto 4 & 5 as well as Red Dead Redemption on PS3 .
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
My 11 year old son used to love it, but have to say that he doesn't play it as often as he used to, instead spending most of his time on football (that's Soccer to our USA friends) games such as FIFA, and the occasional hour on 'Grand Theft Auto, in which he prefers to just drive through the town in a variety of cars, not really playing the game.

When I was a kid, I did play games on computers, having had a Sinclair ZX Spectrum, and then later an MSX computer. Then in 1991, I discovered Macintosh, and that was it.... Not looked back ever since, although at work I use windows, but only because I have to....
Most of my teen spare time however, I used to spent with model trains, sports, and playing music on my stereo. :-)
Be sure to visit my model railroad blog at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.namrr.blogspot.com">http://www.namrr.blogspot.com</a><!-- m -->