contaminated Dirt !!!!!
He is a operation that is going on on NS branchline near my house !! there is no siding it's a old plant that is closed up & they are cleaning up the soil !! it consist of a container lifter , trackmoblie & spine cars with containters , you could find 2 out 3 ,But the spine cars & containters would all have to be made!! :o Confusedhock: Thumbsup

Attached Files Image(s)

That would be a interesting scene to model. Do the containers have a steel roof or do they get tarped? Any idea what they do with the soil to "clean" it or does it get buried somewhere else?
Stephen 

Modeling a freelanced, present day short line set in Nova Scotia, Canada. 

https://bigbluetrains.com/showthread.php?tid=9643
Going back over the pictures I answered one of my questions about the roof. I see that they have tarps. I took a quick spin around the net and see that the spine cars that are available are too long and are set up to haul trailers.

[Image: 40541.jpg]

I wonder if the old Athearn Impack??? cars would be a starting point?
Stephen 

Doesn't Atlas have an 85/86' trash container car? Seems like I've seen them advertised somewhere, although I think the trash containers themselves are different than the ones in your photos. I can't seem to access atlasrr.com at the moment, but a search for Atlas HO Trash Container car turned up a lot of images on Google.
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"
I suppose the prototype of the Atlas trash flat would be overloaded with four containers of soil since they seem to be geared more for municipal waste. I found a similar car with ECXX reporting marks. They still don't have them fully loaded like a intermodal car again probably because of the weight.

[Image: ECXX%2097043_Dodge%20City%20KS_Rusty%20H..._45982.jpg]

The containers are also more compact

[Image: ECXX%2097050_Manville%20NJ_Robert%20Pisa...3_6125.jpg]
Stephen 

Back in my conductor days at BNSF's Barstow Yard ('98-'99), worked some trains that were taking out "dirty dirt" from the old hydraulic retarders. They had been there 24+ tears & were leaking. The dirt was taken somewhere back east. It was burned then brought back & put in the holes it was removed from. The dirt was put in gondolas & not dirty dirt cans like being used these days. The retarders after then were air operated.
Andy Jackson
Santa Fe Springs CA
ATSF/LAJ Ry Fan & Modeler
I noticed when I was working on the Walthers aggregate/ortner hoppers, when you remove the hopper body the frame looks almost exactly like those spine cars. They're roughly 40 feet and would be able to fit 2 20 foot containers you would just need to add containers supports which I believe details west makes a cast of. when the containers are full you will see the center 2 containers won't be stacked but when empty they will be, this is to keep 2 full containers per set of trucks. Also, there is a customer in the bronx who is shipping garbage in the big hi cube msw containers via spine cars and not the 89 foot flatcars, just another option.