roundhouse creek N scale
N scale layout on a door .
A couple of years ago I built a Roundhouse , it was two big , 20 road , so it got reduced to 5 road - this was around a Atlas turntable - another mistake as bigger locos turned up 35 .
The lay out was built but with some bad track laying - it was a first effort ! Now moving on it was decided to lift the offending Peco code 80 and relay with a set from Kato in the form of their V11 set with double banked corner track . The high speed running will keep the grand kids ammussed Thumbsup
in future postings there will be plenty of photo's .

thanks for looking ... Alan
right lets get started , first an introduction to the Roundhouse RR's construction gang ....

these lads known as the yellow backs are hard workers and have plenty of heavy gear to get the job done ...

Attached Files Image(s)

eager to show off their equipment - all valeted and ready to go !!! . Cheers

well that's the first days work over Popcornbeer

Attached Files Image(s)

What's the scale of that equipment and who makes it?
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Tyson Rayles Wrote:What's the scale of that equipment and who makes it?

hi , its all N scale - the Cat diggers are Norscot Scale Models , the big yellow dump trucks are Chinese toys from the pound / dollar shop , the dragline is home made from bits from the Chinese toys and the orange trucks are Matchbox by Lesslie England - they all seem to fit in well with N scale .

Alan
a day of hard work is ahead of the track gang

on and on they battle until the offending track is ripped out , some serious cleaning up is necessary .

as can be seen the this corner of the layout did nothing for operations and often resulted in delays and derailments , so it was decided by the Roundhouse Rail Road Co to remove the single track work and install a new high speed double track , and build a new Grand Central station - thus putting Roundhouse on the nation's rail network . Also to improve / reduce the steepness of the grade , and making it single track , this could result in speeding up the lengthily coal freights in the Rapido Mountains , an area also noted for rail charter trains and is heavy on tourism .

After a hard days work Cheers we can see the devastation caused by the track gang ....

track laying has started , with all the disruption on the Railroad the Roundhouse management have ensured the passengers that the 'Bus' service will be retained Goldth
Wow! Those guys do a job!! Eek Thumbsup
Thanks for the info Alan. Looks like those guys don't waste any time. Eek
Mike

Those guys do great work! Big Grin
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)
[attachment=1]<!-- ia1 -->IMG_1934.JPG[/attachment

]    

Attached Files Image(s)

the big hole left by the removed Peco motors poses little problems but the joining of the EZ track to the Unitrack is going to be in dispute ...

Have you considered using flex track?
Mike

Tyson Rayles Wrote:Have you considered using flex track?

Hi Mike , having just removed my Peco flex in favour of Kato , and the new Kato FEF arrived to-day I'm having second thought's , as it uncouples and derails on the joints - the board is flat as its a door , but the Unicrap will have to stay as its been purchased and I'll rub the joints with fine emery to get them smooth - I'm using some bits of Backy's EZ track and find it better finished on the rail ends . Also the Kato rail is much better than Peco or EZ as it don't tarnish as quick it must have more nickel in it ?

track update , the track gang have found a piece of Unitack that will join the offending EZ and Kato track ....