Electrical Help.
Here's a good one for the guys with the electrical know how.

I picked up a Dayton AC Axial Fan from Acklands Grainger. They advertise on their website a cord that is compatible with the unit, however, silly me to my surprise its not really a plug in the wall type unit, but a cord that is compatible with the prongs only on the back of the unit. The other end is just a pair 18 gauge wires :|

Specs on the unit are AMPS 0.23/0.22, WATTS 27/25, 115 Volts. 60/50Hz.

My question is, do I need to wire this up to transformer before I can plug it in? Or can it be wired directly to a plug?
:?
Since your wall outlet is also 115 volts AC, there's no reason why you can't just wire it up to a standard AC power cord and run it that way. You would need a transformer if you wanted to slow the motor down, or needed the isolation, but I don't think that's necessary. It probably came without a plug on one end since they didn't know what country it was being used in and what type of plug to funish.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Yep I'll say the same Specs on the unit are AMPS 0.23/0.22, WATTS 27/25, 115 Volts. 60/50Hz , the specs verify its the same as in the house, just cut an old wall plugin prongs say from the wifes curling iron and wire it together. Icon_lol
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada
wgrider Wrote:just cut an old wall plugin prongs say from the wifes curling iron and wire it together. Icon_lol

That is a GREAT IDEA!!! do you think she'll notice???

Just kidding.

I think I'll wire a standard wall switch so that I can turn it on and off though.

My thanks to both of you. Cheers