UP SD40-2's NEW Layout
United Transfer looks great as does that cabinet for your loco roster! Thumbsup
Thanks for the very kind words Ed, Charlie & Ralph! Big Grin

Charlie, I am very sorry to hear you have hit a snag in your layout, I hope you work through it soon Thumbsup .

The last progress shots on this specific area for now, not finished but I am moving on to the roads, homemade billboards, homemade crossing signals and the Diner next :mrgreen: ....
[Image: DSCN2175_zpsyty4cfud.jpg]

[Image: DSCN2185_zpsxurivecv.jpg]

[Image: DSCN2192_zpst8kxzmjd.jpg]

[Image: DSCN2171_zpsddkn1hcy.jpg]

[Image: DSCN2152_zpstkaspk61.jpg]

[Image: DSCN2214_zpsnd3y9zmv.jpg]

Till next time, stay on track!
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
The tire tread marks on the parking lot are a very nice touch!
May I suggest that you attempt to alter the front wheel angles? It's very rare that a vehicle is parked with the ront wheels straight,especially when an artic. has manouvred onto a bay. You would also have skid marks where the trailer axles have been pushed round when positioning, not with singles though. They turn a lot faster than doubles. Sorry,just a personal "thing" if you like. I've been in transport all my life and know what its like. Good modelling however.
It's a good day when you wake up in the morning. It's not your problem if you don't.
Thanks Ralph & catweasel Big Grin

I know I needed another car like I need a hole in my head Confusedhock: , but I couldn't resist this one....
[Image: DSCN2222_zps0lflds9v.jpg]

Its the City Of Portland observation car...LIGHTED, DC AND DCC Thumbsup I really needed a good quality observation car to finish out my Streamliner UP set. These Proto cars normally go for $90.00 EACH Eek , I came across this NEW at Walthers on sale for 34.95 Applause , again, its lighted! Waveof7 I couldn't pass it up.

I mentioned I am making some modern style billboards, well, I have made one of the advertisements for one of them...
[Image: billboard%2014x40%20LITTLE%20BIGGER3%20C...xecdro.jpg]

I made this ad because I just have so many trains, from different roads, and many are not modern so it would be weird running them on my layout as my scenery is modern, so to solve the problem...ROCK VALLEY RAILWAY MUSEUM Thumbsup . Now I can run anything no problem, its from the Museum Wink . The Railway Museum will only have the entrance and a track going to the mainline, so it really will be just "inferred" that it is there Misngth , but still, a real problem solver Goldth . (Wayne, if you read this, a modern GERN ad would be great Wink )

Till next time, Stay on track!
Neat idea about the museum.
Charlie
Yeah, your museum is a good idea, Deano.
I have mentioned the need for modern GERN stuff to my brother, and when he's completed the contract work in which he's now engaged, he'll see what he can come up with - stay tuned.

Wayne
The Museum idea is a good one.

A buddy of mine is building a small layout that will have a museum, he has it so he can run a steam train and vintage coaches along with his shortline railroad.

I plan on modeling the Portland Rose in 1968, it was pretty small by 1968 with an E8, a couple of coaches and a sleeper. They did have a cafe car they picked up in Pocatello to head East, which is past where I am modeling.

Keep us posted on your progress!
Be Wise Beware Be Safe
"Mountain Goat" Greg

https://www.facebook.com/mountaingoatgreg/
Hi,

Great idea with the museum to run trains.

Regards,Chris
Building the BC-Rail Dawson Creek Subdivision in H0 scale http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=7835
Hey guys, its summer once again, so I'M BACK! :mrgreen:

The winter months make the basement so cold, not real fun to be working down there, plus I'm a HUGE Hockey fan, so I go to a lot of games, and watch a lot of games on center ice Thumbsup . I play ESO online too so that takes a lot of time in the winter months up also. The winter is my busy time.

While most do outside stuff in the summer and take a break from modeling, I of coarse am the opposite Misngth , in the summer I love to model in the basement where is so nice and cool.

Anyways, I have been back to modeling for about a month now, so much to do, hope to have some pics up this weekend. Cheers
Hi Deano, Wayne and I were wondering what happened to you. Glad you are back. We are looking forward to more.
Charlie
Hi Deano---good to have you back on board.Like yourself,I'm a big hockey fan (what can I say,I'm Canadian )---sorry about your Blackhawks this year but I'm also suffering as I'm a Redwing fan.With no Canadian teams in the playoffs this year I honestly can't get that excited about who wins the Cup---I'm looking forward to the World Cup in September instead.Thankfully we have our trains to keep us amused---looking forward to lots of pictures of your layout.
Good to see you back, Deano, and also nice to hear from some other good friends, too. Goldth

Wayne
Deano!
Glad to see back in action.....at least you didn't slack off as long as I did!!! Misngth
Steve
Thanks for the welcome back comments guys :mrgreen: Thumbsup

Been trying to get out of this area, but there are so many projects and details to do in this 6' section, seems never ending 357 . I want to put a home made billboard here still, and modern homemade crossing signals, amongst many small details, like parking lot bumpers, painted road stripes and such.

Anyways, a couple more progress shots....
[Image: DSCN2453_zpsob324hyo.jpg]

[Image: DSCN2458_zpsw3fl8nwc.jpg]

[Image: DSCN2449_zpsifp2hxn3.jpg]

[Image: DSCN2448_zps0i8dwnt1.jpg]

I have done quite a bit more, but the layout so so covered with paints, glues, grass, tools, heck, I was too embarrassed to post any other pics at this time Misngth .

Till next time, stay on track folks!