UP SD40-2's NEW Layout
I am glad to see the diner, that is one of my favorites.
Charlie
OMG, I am soooo ticked off with Photobucket Curse
Can anyone see my pics in this thread? WTH is going on with Photobucket, I have used them for years and had no problems now I cant see the pics, is it just me or what?
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
Deano, it is photobucket, they have changed the rules and want money for 3rd party display. Everyone that uses pb has the problem.

otherwise it is good to read from you.
Charlie (Wayne is in Ohio and just left for the motel)
Aww crap on photobucket Curse , thanks so much for the reply Charlie, I know Wayne is having a blast with you Cheers , I'm so glad Applause .

I have two photobucket accounts, this one was just for here, guess its worthless now. I have a paid for account I had for many years, will do a test shot here, if it works then I'll see if Wayne, Don, Ralph or someone could just wipe this thread out and I'll start a new one. My layout isn't "new" anymore anyways, lol!

I have been back at it for about 2 weeks now, first time I worked on the layout since my Dad passed. You guys know me, I work on trains like mad for awhile(usually in the summer) , then winter comes and it gets cold in the basement so I take a long break, its Deano's trains circle of life Misngth .

Anyways, heres a test shot from my other account:
[Image: DSC00836.jpg]
OK, can anyone see the pic above?
Yes.
I don't understand these things, so I've never used Photo thingies.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Thanks so much David! Thumbsup

OK, ANY forum mod, PLEASE just delete this thread. It would take a lot of time to transfer all the pics on the account this thread is made of, then repost them, ARGH! :cry:

I am up for a new thread, I'll get some new pics together in the next couple days and we'll take another go at this Thumbsup

Thanks guys!
Nice to see you back here, Deano, even without photos. Thumbsup

If you have a paid photobucket account, it will work until Dec. 31, 2018, as long as you don't let your subscription lapse. After that, they want $399.00/year if you wish to post your photos in third-party sites.

Wayne
OMG Wayne, Really? that much, WOW, photobucket has now become totally worthless to me.

Hmm, I also have an imgur account I use for the Eldersrolls Online forum, only used it twice, anyone know if Imgur is good? or really is there ANYTHING out there good for forum pics?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Worship

Thanks guys Thumbsup
Deano, I post direct to the forum, the pictures have to be below 250 kb but that is fine, and my only wish is that the 5 picture limit per post could be unlimited. It only creates a problem when you want to do a post with instructions, or do a story line with illustrations.
Charlie
Charlie, for the life of me I cant figure out how to post a pic directly to the forum :oops: , 250k is pretty low I think too though. I seen Ed post a pic from Flicker? I wonder if they are good for posting forum pics? .....anyone.....anyone.....Bueller....... Misngth
Hi Deano---so good to see you back on line Cheers I also got "dumped" by Photobucket but recently registered with Flickr for free and after a bit of trial and error and some grateful support from Reinhard I think I've found the way to post picture (if I can do it shouldn't be a problem).I did loose a lot of pictures from pb but luckily for me had a backup for some of my photos which I have been uploading onto flickr.Looking forward to seeing some of your photos again soon---great to have you back Cheers
Hi Deano.
Posting direct takes two steps, at the bottom left there is a button "upload attachments" click on that , then the "browse" button. which lets you browse your computer to locate the photo. I have most of mine in "My Picture" folder all ready resized for the web. Before I start the post I COPY the picture to another folder (usually documents folder that I keep empty) at the bottom of the window it will have the "open" button, click on it, that window disapears and the file will apear beside the browse button, to the right of that is the "add the file" button, and once added you are given the option to place in line which can be done by placing the cursor where you want the picture in your story line, then click the "place in line" button.     The script for the picture appears in the text portion of the post and you can place the cursor after that and continue with the storyline. The above picture is 202KB so I think 250 is enough. Just to illustrate how you can continue I will insert another picture from yesterday here.    
It has a 1600X1200 dimension and is 122KB. Most of the photo sharing sites resize your pictures anyway. I lost some pictures a few years ago and had to rescan them. I was thankful they were scans, and not digitals. My digitals are backed up on Google Photos, which is free unlimited if you let the resize them, and the originals are on 3 different hard drives. The fee photobucket is suggesting will buy a lot of hard drives.
Charlie
Well, I'm back again, WOW, been awhile. Have been at the layout pretty steady for about a year now. I have some update pics, sorry they are not great, they are all from my phone. 
I noticed at the start of this thread I said my layout was 16x11, I have gained 2' in length, now its 18x11. Its never enough is it, always could use more room.
ANYWAYS, nothing is done, but progress has been made.
err, on second thought, have an Imgur pic, better see if it shows up...heres a test pic:
[Image: o1CmdSL.jpg]
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU FOLKS CAN SEE THIS, AND IF THE SIZE IS OK, Thanks-Deano
Wow, just did my whole update, some how it didnt show up here, AAARRGGGHH!!
so late, will try tomorrow.
-Deano
Deano - the test picture showed up just fine for me and the size is fine. Very nice work.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)