TILX/AGP tank cars
I've been scouring the internet and ebay for these particular AGP Refined Oil tank cars leased from TILX but haven't had any luck. I've found TILX cars with no AGP markings and I've found AGP grain co op decals. If anyone can point me in the direction of these cars and/or a set of the refined oil decals it would be much appreciated. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.atlasrr.com/hofreight/ho25500tankcar1.htm">http://www.atlasrr.com/hofreight/ho25500tankcar1.htm</a><!-- m -->
Now that I think about it I could probably just use the grain decals...problem solved 35
I know this is an old topic but I've begun my quest for this fleet. I purchased 3 TILX cars without logos and 2 with logos. The 2 I have with the logos are the same road number so I used Highball Graphics TILX decals to renumber one of them. Highball is usually my go to for decals but this set was a bit disappointing. Only 2 sets of poorly spaced numbers 0-9 so you need more than 1 set to complete a car if you want to include the reporting marks on top of the tank car and the numbers are slightly larger than the numbers that come on an Atlas car but barely noticeable. I had 2 sets of Oddballs AGP tank car decals so those got used on 2 of the 3 TILX cars that had no logo. I've also inquired about getting enough "AGP Refined Oil" decals made to complete 6 cars. Here's what they look like so far fresh from applying decals.
[Image: image.jpg3_zpsanqwczr0.jpg]
[Image: image.jpg2_zpsu3h4kobf.jpg]
Won't be the most exciting update you read today but I finished 4 more tank cars. I didn't like the way the decals that I had made turned out so I took 3 of the 4 trinity railcar tanks (TILX) removed the reporting mark decals and decaled them for American railcar leasing tanks (shpx). All 4 cars got prototype reporting marks to match AGP vegetable oil service. I've got a total of 6 cars and I preordered another 6 from the new batch that Atlas is putting out.
[Image: image.jpg3_zps3rwqe59p.jpg]
[Image: image.jpg2_zps4uanxzca.jpg]
[Image: image.jpg1_zpswdyj8vol.jpg]